Finally people's Republic of CA gets something right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Index piker, Mar 30, 2010.

1. You are simply ignoring history( of prohibition), logical thought and the freedom of individual choice vs nanny-state authoritarian rule.

There is no justification for our drug laws whatsoever.
    Adults should be able to both purchase & consume any item they wish regardless of how some politician feels about it's morality.

You don't like drugs, great don't consume them.
    But let's dispense with this great fraud of waging war on our own population and using the canard of public safety while sucking down enormous resources and artificially creating crime and poverty.

Crime creates poverty not the other way around.

Face it the criminalization of drugs creates the very conditions our do gooder politicians and jack booted troopers claim to be eradicating.

Funny how politicians screw something up then pretend like more of their problem solving skills are needed to correct the "problem" they created.

#11     Mar 31, 2010

2. Not sure why all the drama. All I said was we will spend more money chasing bootleggers than we ever did pot smokers.

#12     Mar 31, 2010
  3. accountability has so many loopholes nowadays...

#13     Mar 31, 2010
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Do you see any "bootleg" tobacco growers? Of course not. If marijuana is legalized, the economics of scale will drive the "bootleggers" out of business. They won't be able to compete price-wise with a large marijuana agribusiness. Moonshiners only make money in those backward Southern counties that are still "dry".

#14     Mar 31, 2010
  5. My apologies I should have just made another post vs a reply to your particular statement.

#15     Mar 31, 2010
  6. I seriously doubt moonshiners make any true profit and you obviously know jack shit about how people compensate for dry counties.(I've lived in several and it's barely noticeable)

Just like some people like to grow their own flowers or gardens others like to bottle their own beer/wine/ spirits it's the rare person that can do so at competitive costs or they place a very high premium on comparative freshness & quality.

#16     Mar 31, 2010
  7. maxpi

maxpi

What, like Cigarette taxes? Cigarette tax evasion is a small issue in California afaik and the tax burden on a pack of cigarettes is huge...

#17     Apr 1, 2010
  8. Moonshine doesn't have anything to do with it. This is Pot. Its much easier to produce and a much bigger industry.

If the government comes along and taxes the shit of pot then people will just keep doing what they are doing now which is buy from the same guy they have years and not pay any tax.

Tons of people don't want to buy it legally because undoubtedly you're name will end up on a list of people who use it.

Yes Government has it made. It can say its legalized pot and is going collect all this tax money. However they are going use the money to hire more agents to chase people growing and distributing outside the system. More money= more employees for their union.

#18     Apr 1, 2010
  9. agreed.

a government addicted to drug revenues .. the same people who brought you the Lotto..

#19     Apr 1, 2010
  10. It's amazing how much garbage the ignore button cleans up when used properly. I saw this quoted but wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
    It would be difficult to make up a more idiotic piece of pure assertion and mind-numbing ignorance than this. Look in the dictionary under 'talking out his ass' and you'll see this post. It isn't even worth arguing the fact that the 'war on drugs' is a complete sham and serves to benefit only conservative politicians, police organizations and organized crime, or that it does exactly nothing to curb the use of drugs in America. The cost savings in human terms of eliminating the incarceration of young people would dwarf any expenditures necessary to 'chase tax cheats' (can anyone else just chime in and say what a fucking load of nonsense this particular idea is? How do formulate an argument against someone this obtuse??).

Clearly this moron equates pot with crystal meth and didn't bother to read the article. I'll lay 5-1 that he's a religious fanatic. Any takers?

In a couple of hundred years we'll look back on the idea of jailing people for smoking a joint or selling a dime bag with the same mixture of disbelief and fascination that we now view jailing them for witchcraft.

Only Monty Python could properly satirize the attitude of the imbecile who made this post. No fucking wonder he's on my ignore list.

#20     Apr 1, 2010