Finally people's Republic of CA gets something right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Index piker, Mar 30, 2010.

1. .
    Finally the wacko state takes a step in the right direction.

The War on drugs is a complete losers game for citizens.
    violence, poverty,incarceration cost, seizure of property without due process etc etc

Only 2 groups make out like bandits: organized crime and militarization of police . Two sides of the same coin if you ask me.

2. Marijuana will be the first "pharmaceutical" drug to be taxed (sales tax). Secondly, whazzup with second hand marywanna smoke?

3. It's good for you. You see you get this urge to eat, and eat, and eat. And once all the junk food is gone and you still have the munchies, then you start eating all the fruits and vegetables in the house, and that my friend, is good for you!

4. TGregg

TGregg

Since the left is anti-conservative rather than subscribing to their own philosophy, they have many contradictions. This is one of them - pro-pot and anti-tobacco. Should be interesting to see them duke this out. :D :D :D

5. Alaska has one of the nation's most-relaxed rules, with no penalty for possessing one ounce or less in a residence.
    --------------

I love it....."most-relaxed rules"......................... as opposed to what? "neurotic rules"

:D

6. When local police organize in military fashion over weed I call that neurotic.

7. maxpi

maxpi

Yeah, right on... they could use some second hand smoke :)

8. This should be an issue libs and conservatives agree on. Unfortunately, many "law and order" conservatives go nuts over this. The biggest threat to our liberties is not weed. It is government. The property seizure laws enacted to "fight" drug dealers should be an affront to all conservatives. And if government has no business telling you how to raise your kids, what to eat, whether to get health insurance or not, they sure as hell don't have the right to tell us what we smoke.

9. People are nuts if they think legalization of Pot will save money spent on law enforcement.

MORE money will be spend chasing bootleggers and those that don't file taxes properly on their sales then is being spent now on busting pot dealers. Plus they will still be after all the other drugs that will still be illegal.

10. Had an interesting experience the other night, as it relates to this thread.

At a gas station where I buy packs of Garcia Vega cigarellos on a regular basis, I queried the attendant about why they are no longer in stock.

It seems, that there is a high probability that "blunts" will be outlawed soon. According to the attendant, who estimates that the usage for these "blunts" is 98% nefarious, outlawing them is in the works. Having quit smoking cigarettes 10 years ago, (I don't include cigarellos as smoking), this might really strike home.

Amazingly enough, (the station is located in the Chicago north shore), a stoner walked in and joined our conversation. He was there to buy a grape-flavored swisher sweet to cut up and pack with pot. The dude, (26, 27 years old) was decked out in Northface gear, with eyes blood red.

Now, there are a couple of things wrong with this scenario, not the least of which is people nowadays wrap their dope in grape-flavored swisher sweet wrappers.

Ok, I lied, this has nothing to do with anything ...

#10     Mar 31, 2010