Finally, I want to give up ES trading!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by digital_tony, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Macho

Macho

Only took 2 1/2 years to post.

Probably one of Baron's aliases to generate hits.

If the OP is genuine, you can look in the mirror and see a spendthrift with a good sense of humor or you are sself destructive.

Lesson learned. So get out of trading. You will not change.

#11     Jan 20, 2012
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Easy answer...

Backtest your trade method on many different trading instruments (e.g. Emini YM, NQ, TF, Oil CL, Gold GC, Eurofx 6E futures) along with Emini ES...

See which one of the trade instrument performs that best in your backtesting in comparison to Emini ES. If something else performs better...its obviously you should stop trading Emini ES and switch to the other trading instrument that outperforms Emini ES if your goal is to be profitable. :cool:

One of the hardest things newbie traders must learn is to never get married to their trading instrument as if nothing else exist.

#12     Jan 20, 2012
  3. I could hardly stop trading ES Every DAY at home.

take the spooze needle out of your arm.

could have been worse.
    you could have been addicted to online poker.

you don't get to piss in the tall grass until you have 10,000 hours under your belt.

navel gazing et al. is required.

just the way it is........

you have paid to play.
    tax loss time.
    we have all been there and done that.

call don bright in vegas and expect to start from ground zero.

when they puke them out, make sure you are short.

cheers,

s

#13     Jan 20, 2012
  4. ........................

so take the spooze needle out and stop head banging the wall.

or do you like pain......:)

s

#14     Jan 20, 2012
  5. jmoo

jmoo

Most of the time the ES is in a tight range. Are you trying to trade breakouts? If so, the ES only breaksout like 25% of the time. The ES is slow and thick, your up against all the algos/bots.

Take a look at gold and crude, they move more and are better to trade imo

#15     Jan 20, 2012
  6. .......................

80:20 on trend.
    spooze is fat and bloated with retail.

trading grease or glitter without fixing his head won't work.

s

#16     Jan 20, 2012

7. Allocate money to CTAs, Tony.

And allow yourself a LIFETIME $5,000 stop-loss in your own personal futures trading. Trade 1-lots if you have to.

You have the power.

-Chi

#17     Jan 20, 2012
  8. ammo

ammo

re,the es can be a pinball machine,make sure your not the ball,if you are ,stop trading,go back to sim til you get it figured out,it's a head game,learn to not let losers run and get out quick on profits,that's backwards

#18     Jan 20, 2012
  9. Well, I have a long time background of trading stock, and have a relative good profit record. Now, I am still managing two transaction accounts, one in the bank for stock trading and the other one in IB just for ES trading. As for stock, I am not a day trader, I usually focus on consumer and luxery sector, like M, COH, EL, AXP, YUM, SbUX, and I have cashed in profit nearly 25000 USD in the recent year, now I am still holding the positions of M, CMCSA, SBUX. But, unfortunately, I always lose money on ES trading since 2010.
    When trading ES, I only use 2 K Lines of 5min and 20min, which as a technique indicator for analysing. Most of the time,
    I can earn amount of small money of 100-150 USD in a short time when starting every day's trading, but as the time goes on
    I can't control the impulsion of clicking and make the profit swiped away when the market moves to the direction against my anticipation.
    I wonder here if a ES daytrader is really too difficuly to be a continuous profit maker? OR the best method for ES trade is to entering the market at a good point and holding for several days?

Thanks for helping!

#19     Jan 20, 2012
  10. It's difficult to be consistently profitable trading just the ES because it goes through periods that will chop up most traders. I trade the ES when there's volatility and range, but walk away when it's quiet and choppy. I track three makets (ES, 6E and CL) and trade what's moving best.

#20     Jan 20, 2012