Finally, I decided it: I'll get a loan on my home (mortgage) to invest!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by crgarcia, Apr 15, 2009.

1. I don't even worry, I have considered 30% downside as something I can actually expect (nobody may forecast an exact bottom)

If it goes down 25% as you say, as only 75% is in the DDM, losses are 37.5% of the investment capital.

I will not be worried, I might not even check quotes at all, until the 25% "almost cash" (T-Bonds, bonds funds, money market), is gone by paying interests, and this will take some years.

#21     Apr 16, 2009
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

good luck..I hope it works out.

#22     Apr 16, 2009
  3. I am not gambling, this is NOT active trading.

This is why I'm going for the Dow Jones, to buy and hold it until overvalued again, or until good profits are made (Dow 12,000+).

#23     Apr 16, 2009
  4. Why buy the Dow?

#24     Apr 16, 2009
  5. All traders lose, so that guarantees to lose your home.

I had relatively small quantities, to trade (about $30k). I won and then lost several times, getting back to my original 30k.

Now that I'm going for big money, I want something certain, like buy and holding the Dow at (somewhat) undervalued levels.

#25     Apr 16, 2009
  6. Why?

2x 75% equals 1.5X net leverage.
    Those 25% in "cash-equivalents" give me peace of mind to tolerate those moderate (30%) temporary fluctuations.
    And gives me time (and money to pay interests) in case the Dow takes a few years to start to go up (3 years).

#26     Apr 16, 2009
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

Certain is that you own your house outright. You are way ahead of the game depending on your age. Keep it that way...peace

#27     Apr 16, 2009
  8. Mvic

Mvic

Having seen a few more of his posts I would say you are absolutely correct.

#28     Apr 16, 2009
  9. No point in continuing this "discussion". Again, it's the "since I can't do it, I concluded that nobody else can" kind of shit.

I regret wasting time in this thread. It will be ignored forever.

#29     Apr 16, 2009
  10. cstfx

cstfx

You should have put her on ignore a long time ago. If it wasn't for all you quoting this pantywaste I wouldn't have even known what bs she was shovelling.

#30     Apr 16, 2009