Finally having a brain is not so important :)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Jan 10, 2004.

1. balda

balda

hey, Pravda means Truth:D

#11     Jan 17, 2004
  2. balda

balda

my cousin lives in southern France and he recently won some regional competition (vacluse or vaucluse) he is 18 or 19. I hope we are not related:D

#12     Jan 17, 2004
  3. Hi All,

Allow me to break into this high brow topic! I personaly believe that these questions are not going to be settled too quickly. For the next couple of 100 years, people will advance a lot more theories and change their minds a couple of times about this.

Harry's list of historical examples is interesting. True, difficult to verify now. Definitely, since Ludwig of Bavaria about 500 years ago, people wondered alot about this.
    If I am not mistaken, many years back (perhaps in antiquity) did people not believe that you thought with your heart?

Now back to our times. I remember reading some things about violin and piano virtuosi. The skills of the princes among top performers have made very competent people wonder in how far such "brain" skills don't reside partially in the hands of these people. Not so dumb if you think about things like bandwith and data rates required if computer analogy has any merit at all? I thought back about this when reading Harry's tale about the poor headless devil.

Harry, mon cher, you remember Alexis Carel: "L'homme s'est inconnu"? [English: "Man is unknown to himself"]

nononsense

#13     Jan 17, 2004
  4. No nonsense, I think the egyptians removed brains because they thought you did not need it. It was the heart that was the mind. Maybe it's the soul that makes you go the extra mile.

#14     Jan 18, 2004