finally got money gack from refcofx

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by lite, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Ok thanks for the pic mate much appreciated and congratulations for getting your money.
    I also have a class 6 fx convenience claim my claim number is 2622 what is your claim number may I ask?
    Im just trying to figure out why I havent got anything as im under the same class as you.

Thanks

PS:I just emailed the support email on your letter to ask why many have NOT received anything I will post any response.

#21     Jan 30, 2007
  2. Ok I got an email back from RCM support thank you very much to the guy who took the time to post the scan of his letter it has cleared up many things in understanding why only some have got a refund.
    If he didn't post the letter I would've had no clue WHO to email.....thats communication for you.

Ok heres the response I got.

Regarding claim # 2622, no disbursement has been made at this time. This claim has been filed against debtor: REFCO F/X ASSOCIATES LLC. The creditors that you are referring to that have received a distribution are REFCO CAPITAL MARKETS customers. Refco F/X Associates claims are currently being reviewed.

The Refco Plan of Reorganization has been confirmed and certain distributions have begun to be made. However, confirmation of the Plan alone does not cause distributions to be made immediately on all filed claims. The Refco debtors need to complete a review of the claims asserted against them and need to follow court procedures to determine whether they can pay on those asserted claims.

In the case of one debtor entity, Refco Capital Markets, a good deal of this work has already been done, and some distributions have therefore begun to be made. For most debtors, however, the claims review process is still proceeding in earnest. And even Refco Capital Markets continues to review a number of the claims asserted against it. Given the ongoing claims review process, we cannot say for certain whether or when distributions on your asserted claim will be made.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lina Sorace
    RCM Support

#22     Jan 31, 2007
  3. Chood

Chood

Story below from December, 2006, indicates that RefcoFX customers are due between 23 and 38 cents on the dollar. Excerpt: "General unsecured creditors at the other Refco companies are expected to receive between 23 and 37.5 cents on the dollar."

Is that how it worked how? Which was it closer to, 23 or 38?

Commodities brokerage Refco Inc. has emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and is expected to start paying creditors by the end of the year.

Under the terms of the exit plan, which was approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York on Dec. 15, secured lenders who were owed $717.7 million received a full cash payment prior to confirmation of the plan, while bondholders are expected to receive 83.4 cents on the dollar for their claims, Refco said.

Securities customers of Refco Capital Markets Ltd. are expected to receive 85.6 cents on the dollar for their claims, with Refco Capital Markets' general unsecured creditors getting about 37.6 cents on the dollar.

General unsecured creditors at the other Refco companies are expected to receive between 23 and 37.5 cents on the dollar.

A litigation trust set up to sue individuals who might have contributed to any fraud could also obtain recoveries for stockholders and some creditors.

#23     Mar 6, 2007
  4. Chood

Chood

Brain cramp. Query above should read:

Is that how it worked out? (not ". . .worked how").

#24     Mar 6, 2007
  5. sbehuria

sbehuria

How does one get money back (whatever amount) from Refco FX.

there websites seem to have disappeared.

Do you have contact details in the letter and check you receive and may you share them please?

Best regards:confused:

#25     Mar 14, 2007
  6. Use this handy key [​IMG]
    and see the attachment by lite, the OP, on Jan. 30th with a scan of the letter, showing the bankruptcy trustee's full contact details.

#26     Mar 14, 2007
  7. sbehuria

sbehuria

Sorry - may be I am a bit dumb

All I saw was a page up tab which did not guide or take me anywhere?

Thanks

Sanjay

#27     Mar 14, 2007
  8. How do you get furnds back from refco?

I have heard nothing from them.

Everytime I tried to contact them I go not reply.

Please help.

royce@knitek.com

#29     Mar 16, 2007
  9. Xenia

Xenia

Maybe thread title should read:

Finally got money back from RCM.

RCM = REFCO CAPITAL MARKETS Ltd.
    RefcoFX = REFCO F/X ASSOCIATES LLC

#30     Mar 18, 2007