finally got money gack from refcofx

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by lite, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Ive wondered about this. I was under the impression that IB's universal account was treated the same as a stock account but was never completely sure.

#11     Jan 19, 2007
  2. Lite,,

More details about the refund please? did you submit POC?

Are you in the U.S. or oversea? I heard that only oversea customers got money back but not those in the U.S.

I have an account with them as well so any information is appreaciated..

#12     Jan 19, 2007
  3. what happens if you leave all your money in equities or bonds and your broker pulls a refco? do you still own those equities or bonds or were they under the name of your broker?

#13     Jan 19, 2007
  4. cfets

cfets

???Segregated funds mean absolutely nothing.???

what's yr justification ? tks

#14     Jan 19, 2007
  5. Im in Australia and had an fx convenience claim im owed around $1000 and havent received anything other than the last hearing thing in december from omni stating what happened.
    I dont have any forms to submit and the refcofx page is closed.
    Can someone tell me if you got refunded for refcofx or was it futures or something else because im getting a little worried I havent received anything.

#15     Jan 27, 2007
  6. Come on anyone with info please post I haven't received anything why is that? I had an fx convenience claim with omni management I haven't transfered it to anyone so where is my check?
    Ive seen only 2 person state they received anything and they never re posted to back it up so I believe now its a total hoax or they have such limited understanding of English they mean the hearing in December to finalize it as in getting there money.

thank you guys.

i feel lucky that i **can** get some money back. i thought i was gonna lose them all.

Not did....

#16     Jan 29, 2007
  7. lite

lite

angryangry,

i had a forex account with refcofx, through a introducing broker called capital peak. i am not from the US.

i received a check from refcofx 2 weeks ago (60%)after filling out forms they sent.

i don't know why you have not received anything from refco. refcofx paid compensation to customers in Class 6 and 7. perhaps you are not in the two classes. you should contact refco to get more information.

#17     Jan 29, 2007
  8. lite

lite

here is a letter received from refcofx along with the check.

hope this helps.

#18     Jan 30, 2007
  9. At least you got a check..I feel better that some RefcoFX clients are getting their money back...not all of it, but some of it...

Good trading to you...and may you get ten fold back through your future trading endeavers....

All of us, in Retail Spot Forex are interested in what has happened to the casualties of American BK law...

Michael B.

#19     Jan 30, 2007
  10. lite

lite

Thank you for your kind words.

good trading to you too.

#20     Jan 30, 2007