Finally, China has mobilized troops and fighter jets near Korean border.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Apr 1, 2013.

1. A little known thingy: The POTUS' security clearance is about half way up the ladder. I suspect that some presidents are privy to more info than others. Somehow I doubt that Obama is one of the ones with the real scoop on things, it was probably his idea to send Dennis Rodman to NK to bring back info...

#11     Apr 1, 2013
  2. sumfuka

sumfuka

Why would he want to hang out with beyonce? After watching the super bowl I've come to realize it is really a troll with make up on. Quite scary actually.

#12     Apr 2, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

"President Shimon Peres bestowed the President's Medal upon U.S. President Barack Obama Thursday evening, in the course of a ceremonial dinner in Obama's honor at the President's Residence. The medal was given to Obama for his unique contribution to Israel's security.

"This is the first time in which an honorary decoration is bestowed by an Israeli president upon a president who is still serving in office."

#13     Apr 2, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, because we'd have no issues doing that. There'd be no effect whatsoever on this side of the Pacific.

#14     Apr 2, 2013
  5. Arnie

Arnie

This almost as bad as your Port of Orlando comments.

China’s military maintains a long-standing defense treaty with the North that obligates China to defend North Korea in the event it is attacked. The last time Chinese forces backed Pyongyang was during the Korean War when tens of thousands of Chinese “volunteers” drove south into the peninsula.

Chinese military spokesmen frequently refer to their relations with the Korean People’s Army, as the North Korean military is called, as ties “as close as lips and teeth.”

#15     Apr 2, 2013
  6. Just read about the mutual defense treaty. Upon an attack on North Korea, North Korea can invoke Article 2 of the treaty committing Chinese military forces to a defense of the Korean Peninsula. It does not say what happens if North Korea attacks first. The treaty was signed in 1961 by Mao Tse Tung and the two countries are worlds apart now, so it remains to be seen whether China sees the need to be binded by it given that they voted for the UN sanctions against North Korea. Also, the treaty expires in 2021 which is not too long away. Very interesting to see what happens next.

#16     Apr 2, 2013

7. :D

#17     Apr 2, 2013
  8. Chinese troops on the border are a show pony for us to think they're doing something positive, while also secretly showing support for North Korea in their private talks. Push comes to shove, they'll be covertly supporting the NK's.

#18     Apr 2, 2013
  9. Of course there would be Tao. What is your point ?

#19     Apr 2, 2013
  10. Wearing your toilet paper, isn't that creative!

I just hope he knows enough to quit wearing it after he's used it.

#20     Apr 2, 2013