Finally - able to add new bank to Treasury Direct

Discussion in 'Fixed Income' started by Q.E.D., Dec 7, 2022.

1. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

After months of unlike all financial institutions, Treasury Direct, no longer requires form 5512 to be signed & certified & physically mailed to TD, in order to add a new bank.

Today I easily added another bank, with standard info.

I'm not sure if new TreasDirect accts can also do that, or even if recent TD accounts (my Treas Direct acct established at least 10 years ago) can, but it was a big plus for me.

My prior "primary account" to TD - Fifth Third Bank -- has locked me out of login for more than a month, despite 2 hours with 2 separate customer service calls, both of which claimed the problem was fixed. Worst bank I've even used over 50 years, amont at least 30 banks.

2. zdreg

zdreg

Are you short? If not why?

3. BMK

BMK

I also have an account at 5/3, and I have had some minor problems recently since they implemented 2FA and now requiring a phone call with a code to log in. But I was ultimately able to get logged in without having to deal with customer service.

My overall experience with their call centers has not been good. But I've had the account since 1995, and I have had a car loan, mortgage loan, credit card, and even an unsecured personal loan, plus a business account. On some level the relationship has some value, and I am not quite ready to give up. Generally, the service I get at brick-and-mortar branches is pretty good. And I do value the ability to walk in, without an appointment, and actually meet face-to-face with a banker.

4. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

I've also had account with 53 for about 30 years, but only use them for checking. I like to have one physical bank nearby to cash / withdraw hard currency. But their interest on balances is always among the lowest of all banks. Ten years ago, I was with their "Private Bank," which permitted me to wire funds via an e-mail -- and at zero cost. But these days keep less than $2,000 there, vs the million that was required for a Private Banker. And many online banks permit easy online wiring of funds, although at charge of $25 - $50.