Finally, a stripped down TWS made possible with new build 854?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by isaac000, Nov 12, 2005.

1. hfhe

hfhe

thanks Jerry. I use MedVed everyday.

#31     Mar 22, 2006
  2. i really don't care about IB charts, nor do i want IB to spend any time in their charts. get rid of them for all i care.

improve the trading interface. let others provide charting (medved et al).

for bracket trader, i would like to see the ability to add buttons such as seen in other DOM trading programs (bracket trader, ninja trader) etc.

e.g.

"move stop to entry"

"increase target price"

"decrease target price"

"move stop in X ticks"

and to have it be able to intelligently incorporate scaled bracket orders. like being able to click on a price for entry, and then once that entry gets filled, having it set your 3 limit exits and your stop, upon entry. and then have them modifiable.

also, a + to have an option to turn on a limiter that prevents you from moving stop price OUT, only in (to keep one to discipline of always taking stop and never extending it), etc.

these features are what make bracket and ninja appealing.

frankly, i prefer the DOM of bracket trader, since i feel it is a bit faster (certainly than bracket trader) and better designed in many ways

it just lacks the features of a good DOM trader

#32     Mar 22, 2006
  3. the above post should read "for ***BOOK TRADER***... not (for bracket trader) obviously...

#33     Mar 22, 2006
  4. I use the chart 100% of the time for my trades. Funny thing is, I hated it the first time I used it because I used to use Metastock + another broker.

Since I didn't know I had a choice, I had to tailor the IB chart to my liking but now it's helped me tremendously. I still wish Metastock can connect to IB's API for stock data without buying some 3rd party tool.

#34     Mar 22, 2006
  5. wow. you are my hero

i mean seriously.

i just find IB's charts so horrid, that i am impressed you can trade with them.

props to you

#35     Mar 22, 2006

6. the problems could be on your side...

i haven't had problems with TWS in YEARS .....

very reliable platform

#36     Mar 23, 2006

7. I agree with you Karma. I've been using TWS for several years , and I have found it to be very reliable. In saying that, I must also say that I do not use their charting. I do, however, use the scanner and market stats, which I find to be very nice features.

#37     Mar 23, 2006
  8. I have also been using TWS for several years. In spite of occasional problems, some of which may have involved my own system, I have found TWS to be very reliable. The addition of "bells and whistles" is a plus not a minus: e.g. the market scanner, book trader, new hotkeys etc are invaluable and make sense for an efficient trader who wants to keep software costs down and run a well integrated system. I think IB has got their software philosophy right and are walking the line between a clean efficient platform and one that offers enough additional functionality to let the trader focus on their trades.

#38     Mar 23, 2006