Final paper trade testing of Woodies CCI club

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mrbluelegs, Dec 27, 2007.

1. are you trading for real now?...to sum up....is not the CCI another 'lagging' indicator of what was?

#51     Jan 2, 2008
  2. Read my first post of this thread.

#52     Jan 2, 2008
  3. I became frustrated with several failed setups and stopped for the morning. I picked up in the afternoon with better results. The morning was choppy and my setups were not working. Also I was irritable and tired so I stopped trading and took a nap.No signals or trades on the YM. Had two winners on the russel +30 and +46. Then three +4 and scratch trades on the ES wiped out by a stoppout for +1 total. The one tstop out on the NQ for -16. Interesting note. The stop out on the NQ was bugging me enough to consider a revenge trade. I need to be careful i am still vulnerable to psychological tricks. Note to subconcious; "Go away when I am trading...Please!"

ER2 +$760.00
    NQ -$160.00
    ES +$12.50

Here are screen shots of my paper trading today.

#53     Jan 3, 2008
  4. Second screen shot of trades taken today

#54     Jan 3, 2008
  5. Last screen shot of trade taken today

#55     Jan 3, 2008
  6. Keeping up with multiple markets is a challenge. i added the es to the mix. The russel seems to be the best market so far for this system but the markets are always changing so we'll see. The es and the Nq have not reveled their secret to me yet but I'll get there. The YM is as buggy as ever whipping around like a mad bee. Here are the screen shots and point totals

ES +1
    NQ -5
    YM +45
    ER +51

#56     Jan 4, 2008
  7. Es has been showing itsself to me but im still trying to figure it out a friend of mine is helping me.

#57     Jan 4, 2008
  8. Ym was good to day but it gets tough to take 20 ponits of heat.

#58     Jan 4, 2008
  9. steve32

steve32

hi Mrblue

Ive been following the room results in Woodies forum on the er2000. But I had my doubts since no entry or exit calls are made in the chat room. I look forward to your journal and comparing my results.

Steve

#59     Jan 5, 2008
  10. Thank you for your interest. The reason I like the CCI system is that it allows one to actually focus on several markets at once and take the intraday trend that develops in any of them. Since the CCI system is purely mechanical as traded in woodies room I can actually use the CCi system as well as learn separately a pure discretionary system as well. I am finding very quickly (after two years of screen time) that each market has its own temperament but price action is price action and levels are levels. So I think a combination of the CCI and actual price action will give good signals.

I must disagree about a lack of calls in the main trading room, the room makes many call per day. One of the factors that may give people the impression that the calls are not made is that many of the moderators trade different markets and many new guests to the room have choose markets or methods not covered by the trading plan in the main room

#60     Jan 5, 2008