Film Reviews: "Broke: The New American Dream"

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

No need or desire to sell your book? Why write it? Good luck to the publisher? You wrote the book! You have no stake in it? Hey, keep up whatever rationalization you have, but no one writes a book with the expectation that no one will read it.

At the end of the day I help others learn trend following. If you want to go teach others something you know, have learned new, etc. -- go for it. Personally, I prefer to do business and or collaborate with less angry and bitter types.

Best of luck.

#51     Sep 14, 2009
  2. So there we have it, for the record.

Michael Covel does not wish to open up a debate on the Original Turtle Rules or to discuss in detail his assertion that they still work and mine that they need radical updating to produce a profit.

I will also leave current and future readers of this thread to ponder why exactly this might be the case and to draw their own conclusions.:)

There will I happily leave this thread and let Michael get on with his sales pitch.

#52     Sep 14, 2009
  3. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Actually, for the record I wrote the definitive text on the Turtles "The Complete TurtleTrader" -- and people can draw many conclusions from that work and I hope they do. In fact, that book lays out many debates about the Turtles and their success.

#53     Sep 14, 2009
  4. How about a tid bit.

How would you objectively define the term, "trend"?

#54     Sep 14, 2009
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I like Seykota's wisdom here.

#55     Sep 14, 2009
  6. Thanks, if I wanted Ed's wisdom I would have simply looked on his site.

I asked for your objective definition of "trend". I would think this would be a simple question considering who you are, what you promote and what you stand for. Am I wrong?

#56     Sep 14, 2009
  7. everyone watching michael moore's new film instead of this one

#57     Sep 14, 2009
  8. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

The answer was sufficient to the question. Don't be argumentative just to be a pill! Why don't you enlighten me to the conspiracy you have uncovered about my understanding of the definition of "trend"?

#58     Sep 14, 2009
  9. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I have no doubt Moore will get more viewers. He makes compelling films and has had great success. That said, if everyone is going to watch and enjoy a film that declares capitalism to be evil...I prefer to not associate with that particular "everyone"! In all seriousness, I imagine the films are quite different. I am seeing a private screening of Moore's Weds in LA so I will post back after.

#59     Sep 14, 2009
  10. I'm not trying to be argumentative or eluding to a conspiracy.
    I simply want to hear "your" personal objective definition of the term "trend".

Ask me my personal definition of any term and I either have one or I don't.

I'm just asking a question and you, for whatever reason, are choosing not to just answer it. I'm perplexed.

#60     Sep 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.