Film Reviews: "Broke: The New American Dream"

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdreg

zdreg

2. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I do not trade for clients. I trade for my own account. There is no gotcha moment.

#42     Sep 14, 2009
  3. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

#43     Sep 14, 2009
  4. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I will be watching the marketplace to see how your bitter and angry style works to sell books!

#44     Sep 14, 2009
  5. I am neither bitter nor angry and happily I have no need to sell books. Book sales are simply irrelevant to me.

I do not intend to post further unless (a) you would like to debate the intricacies of the original Turtle Rules and why they have been a disaster for many, many years or (b) you would like to discuss how those rules can be modernised and brought into profitability.

I very much enjoy debating the intricacies of systems trading and would be happy to debate in a civilised and reasoned manner with you if you so wish.

Here is my proposal: Why don’t you and I just call it quits now and start a new thread dedicated to dissecting and improving the Original Turtle Rules? I would welcome your reasoned views on this matter and no doubt you would welcome mine. We might all learn something in the process.

Enough eh?

#45     Sep 14, 2009
  6. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

The "review" you mention (if you had read clearly) was a review by Brett Steenbarger re-posted along with reviews by three others. It was not my writing. In terms of reviews of my books, those are here. However, I do sympathize with you. Here you are, sitting there trying to reveal a conspiracy to the world, and you are not yet able to convince everyone of what you know. It must be hard!

#46     Sep 14, 2009
  7. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

That is simply very hard to believe. Why write a book if you want no one to read it? Rationalization sure to follow...

I have long sponsored here at EliteTrader. Since you do have a book coming out that needs promotion I would recommend contacting Baron and begin spreading the Anthony Garner gospel. Best of luck.

#47     Sep 14, 2009
  8. Do you wish to take up my offer and suggestion?

#48     Sep 14, 2009
  9. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I have long sponsored here at EliteTrader. Since you do have a book coming out that needs promotion I would recommend contacting Baron and begin spreading the Anthony Garner gospel.

Meaning if you are going to promote your book, and start new threads, contact Baron as other sponsors do.

I look forward to watching your efforts.

Best of luck.

#49     Sep 14, 2009
  10. As I think I have already patiently explained to you Michael, I have no need or desire to sell my book.

I make my living from trading the financial markets and have done so for many years. Books sales are an irrelevance to me. I leave all that to the publisher and good luck to them.

You will never find me promoting my book on this or any other forum. Indeed the subject would never even have been mentioned if you had not brought it up yourself.

Trading debate is what this forum is about and I have absolutely no need to become a sponsor to start a thread to debate trading methods.

I am quite serious: shall we have a detailed debate on the Original Turtle Rules and how they can be brought to profit?

This would give you a great opportunity to put forward your views on the topic and I am sure that there would be many other interested participants.

Let's give it a go eh?

#50     Sep 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.