Film could lead to jail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Really? Is that all? No, but you're just being pig-headed to support your narrative. By now you know that I despise religion. All religion. Specifically because it serves to splinter rather than bring together, quite apart from it being a vacuous security blanket for people who can't deal with the real world and their life in it.

Now to my point. This asshole knew what he was doing. He knows the world he lives in. Remember the Southern preacher who decided to burn a Koran? It cost human life in the Middle East. Of course it's crazy insane, but it is what it is. This new guy knew it. His free speech cost human lives. It lit a spark in a volatile environment. So he did more than make a shitty movie. He knew he was poking an angry bear with a stick and did it anyway, consequences be damned, armed with a principle taken to the extreme. Freedom of stupid speech and all that notwithstanding, how can you even begin to defend a character with malicious intent that came to fruition? He knew what it would take to incite violence and he did just that.

You and I can be angry at the stupid mobs of imbeciles in the Middle East who are mindlessly conducting themselves. Make no mistake, I am no less angry than you and perhaps more so because of my deep disgust for religion in general and religious violence in particular. But it is what it is. Your outrage will not change it. Your "freedoms" won't make it go away. You need to learn how to live with the stupid neighbor across the street. For both of your sakes.

#11     Sep 15, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

YES , that's all. First amendment and all that. No one forces anyone to watch it.
    He's being scapegoated as part of Odumbo's appeasement of the radicals because Odumbo doesn't have the stones to stand up to them Period.

#12     Sep 15, 2012

3. +1

#13     Sep 15, 2012
  4. Wallet

Wallet

How many times across this globe, ON A DAILY BASIS, does someone do something, say something, write something that another person of another color, race or religion, finds offensive ?

It happens all the time, but its the attention given by the media that blows it out of proportion. They are as much to blame, or entirely to blame imo, as anybody if you want to follow this line of reasoning.

Step back from the equation, don't ask why someone did something - it's either racial prejudicial bias, or something much more sinister, ........ instead ask why it's promoted and used to fan flames, what's the ulterior motive.

The Video isn't the problem, burning a book isn't the problem.

Open your eyes.

#14     Sep 15, 2012
  5. I'm not defending him or his character. The guy is obviously a jackoff, but he does have the right to speak his mind, just like Bill Maher did with his movie. Just like the person who puts a crucifix in a jar of piss and calls it art. Civilized people get angry, speak their peace and move on. Savages go on a killing spree. We're trying to find a way to co-habitate, on an ever shrinking planet, with a people who are centuries behind us. Centuries! Frankly, I don't think it's possible.

#15     Sep 15, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not in the eyes of brASS hole and his leftist comrades. They demand everyone think speak and march in lock step.

#16     Sep 16, 2012
  7. The messenger is irrelevant. That this messenger supposedly broke the law in this particular instance is also irrelevant.

What is relevant is just like captain said is they (the govt went digging into it) for no apparent reason other than some foreigners got their feelings hurt. Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that investigation was just a fishing expedition instigated at the federal level.

Had they not found the unusual parole restrictions I'm sure team obama was prepared to charge him with a new interpretation of "inciting a riot".

Team obama is certainly in the muslim extremist corner aka (terrorists).

Team obama is certainly demonstrating free speech is NOT PROTECTED.

The question we have to ask ourselves is HOW LONG WILL WE VIEW OUR GOVT AS LEGIT WHEN IT FAVORS TERRORISTS AND VIOLATES OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.

Make no mistake the govt is not your friend under the best of leadership and agencies of the state DO NOT EXIST FOR YOUR BENEFIT.

Under the wrong leadership, well then at some point in time we have to decide when enough is enough.

yeah It would't surprise me if I get a no knock visit at 3am after posting this.

#17     Sep 16, 2012
  8. I'll burn as many korans as I'd like to thanks and I support the Preacher doing the same( even if all he did was threaten to do so ).

Sorry but this sillyness of knowing it would incite violence is just an excuse :where's the culpability of the leftwing media in all of this?

#18     Sep 16, 2012
  9. wjk

wjk

If I understand your post correctly, you're essentially saying that restraint should be used if you know something you say or do will offend (and cause violence by those who are less tolerant of such speech or actions). Kind of a libertarian view, in my opinion. I wish more people would practice such respect and tolerance here in the US and around the globe.

Do you feel the same way when people here in the states are routinely vilified and marginalized for their religious and political views? Many people have no problem shooting their mouths off regarding the God of modern Christianity, or accusing the tea partiers of being racist, extremist, and so on (including comments by a few left wing politicians calling the GOP Nazis lately). The only difference I see is the level of the reaction to the criticism.

Just because one group reacts violently to criticism while another doesn’t simply can't justify the double standard.

#19     Sep 16, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are you serious? brASS hole IS one of those doing the vilifying and marginalizing.

#20     Sep 16, 2012