Fills on ZN?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by CaliforniaKid23, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ...i am still not understanding how the orders get filled: lets say i have a sell stop at 100, then a buyer buys my contracts at 100 - after he/she buys - there is a sale at 99 and then the price falls lower, but it never went over 100. - isn't this how it works? and if yes, wasn't my stop filled if touched. (or is this not how stops work? )

attached is an image of my stop being filled when touched - using NT simulation - would that how it would look when trading live?

#11     Apr 7, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

30, 10 and 5 Year Treasury Futures - filled by Price/Time

http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/page/0,3181,2000,00.html

Are you using a Stop, or stop limit, it is triggered when touched, and entered however you instruct it to execute.....(MKT vs LIMIT)

Simulated execution is NOT exactly the same as a LIVE order.

Trigger your stop a tick lower and use a limit a tick higher if you want to play it safe.

#12     Apr 7, 2008

3. ...i am using stop limit. "stop limit, it is triggered when touched" are u saying that the image that i attached would look the same if i was trading live?

#13     Apr 7, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

SIMULATION is not the same as trading on any platform!

Your order is on your broker's server NOT the exchange, I assume? The order is not sent to the CBOT until it gets triggered on your platform.

Perhaps one of the other Bond-Heads can help ya' out, I am not sure I am of much help.

Check out the other 30 YR thread>>>>A couple of knowledgeable cats trade ZB/ZN there!

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1872029#post1872029

#14     Apr 7, 2008
  5. Stop limits may not always get filled.

#15     Apr 7, 2008
  6. Surdo

Surdo

If someone straight takes the entire offering to trigger your STOP LIMIT, you are holding herman, unless it trades back down!

#16     Apr 7, 2008

7. yes, i know its not the same...but what i don't seem to know are the differences. that's why i was wondering if someone could tell me if the image that i attached of my stop getting filled - would look the same or not if i was trading live.

and thanks for the thread reference - it looks very interesting.

#17     Apr 7, 2008
  8. Yes, it would look like that......maybe:eek:

#18     Apr 7, 2008
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Most of the folks over there actually make money trading ZB/ZN and are happy to share knowledge!

I am a tad busy deciding where to cover my ZB...while I get reamed in CL!

#19     Apr 7, 2008
  10. wow, maybe?? you know its not good for you to confuse a harmless beginner, but i suppose that's a way of having fun :D

#20     Apr 7, 2008