Fill the IRS and not the Broker W8 form?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. I'm switching brokers.

    Sometime ago, I have read somewhere in the Internet (can't remember exactly where), that you should download and fill the W8 form that the IRS provides, not the one from your broker.


    (The W8 form states that you are NOT a US citizen or resident, therefore the broker doesn't withholds any taxes, well almost).

    tnx a lot