Fill or Kill orders in Futures?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by UncleJ, Mar 3, 2007.

1. UncleJ

UncleJ

Are there any brokers or trading platforms that can provide a "Fill or Kill" limit order for futures trading?

For example, if I place a limit order at price X trading the emini S&P during a very volitile time, I want to either be filled at that price or have the order canceled (ie: no slippage).

Is this possible?

Thank you.

2. Sure - just need to use a stop limit with 0 ticks allowed for slippage. It depends on the trading platform, but with T4 ( http://www.ctsfutures.com/content/t4/ ) it's very easy. I use this feature every trade actually and allow for 1 tick slippage and have never had problems.

3. J - I may have misunderstood your question. If you are looking to buy above or sell below the current price, then my suggestion will work. If you are using a regular limit order, not quite sure since I don't trade like that.

Sorry for any confusion.

4. You didn't say which exchange. ECBOT supports IOC orders (Immediate or Cancel) natively while CME does not.

5. Open ecry has a fill or kill feature in the dom. Never used it.

6. UncleJ

UncleJ

Thanks for everyones help.

I am trading CME.

I am interested in either stop or limit orders.

My current broker does not have this feature and I have been slipped up to 10 ticks trading currency futuers during news time. It would be great to find a broker that will not slip me and will just cancel the order if the price deviates too much.

7. J - like I said, if you are able to use buy stop limit or sell stop limit orders, then a platform like T4 thru Mirus or ProActive Futures will do exactly what you want.

I like the T4 platform in this regard b/c it's very quick and easy to use the stop limit function. Each DOM is independent and you can set your stop limit acceptable slippage amount based on each DOM, not just a general setting. And it can be changed with a click or two.