filing taxes without receiving schedule k

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by silk, Mar 27, 2009.

  1. silk


    I don't have my schedule K. Has anyone filed their taxes without receiving their schedule K. I assume I can just calculate what i think the gain/loss will be and go ahead and file without having received it yet. I found a special form that you file to reconcile problems with schedule K, but it looked a tad complicated. Anyone done this?
  2. I assume your talking about a K-1? In any event you have basically filed an "estimate" of what your taxes are. Not really a problem. Once you do receive a K then go back and see the difference. If it is significant then file a 1040X. If not, let the IRS figure it out and they will send a letter with an amount you will owe.