Fight!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

One does not need, or expect, 100% causality in the social sciences. You are struggling for a single explanation, and you claim you don't think it's race in this case. So you tell me, what is it?

#51     Mar 24, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well ironically, the point I was ACTUALLY trying to make had more to do with "young" people in general, not BLACK people. Since that is the thing they ALL had in common. And you and trendlover immediately went to race. Then you started bringing up this poverty angle which was total bullshit and you know it.

In fact, if there is any argument to be made regarding race, as one had mentioned earlier, it probably has to do with the problem blacks have with the lack of a two parent home. Statistics show that black families more then white and latino have single parent households and the lack of a father figure can definitely cause behavioral issues with the children.

So not poverty, but parenting is the real culprit on the racial angle. Why you don't understand that and went to the poverty defense is beyond me as there is absolutely no historical basis for making that argument as evidenced by the great depression, post WWII Europe, and even slavery in America.

#52     Mar 25, 2011
  3. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. I did not talk about race to you. I post videos with white violent people. You post videos with black violent people.

#53     Mar 25, 2011
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Can you post a video of a group of white kids trashing a fast food joint?

Or a video of some white kids trashing a department store (while fighting)?

#54     Mar 25, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

The heros of today are convicted felons (rappers) and dirt-stupid ball players. Often, Mom and Dad are just as morally vacant. Kids worship rappers who celebrate violence and disrespect. So they emulate it. It's cool. Then it spills out into the local Burger King, which they trash. Or they get into everyones face to prove how tough they are. It's kids from all races. Blacks idolize these demigods moreso than other races, largely because they've rejected all things white. So Black doctors, Black Supreme Court Justices, Black trial lawyers, Black business tycoons and Black entrepreneurs, they don't "count". Nope. Only jive-talking, street muthaf*ckers who robbed and slang crack pass the litmus test.

And that's not to say whites aren't backward in other ways. Rictor has a point. Look at the state of White America: we're on the verge of a dollar collapse, Wallstreet helped themselves to 5 Trillion, the military industrial complex has this nation in a constant state of WAR, the civilian death toll is in the hundreds of thousands, the Government has absolutely zero regard for the Constitution, and the average voter couldn't find Washington D.C. on a map or name who the President is. Nearly every single person is a flag waving moron, a blood thirsty zealot or happily ignorant. This Country is about to get flushed down the commode like a Denny's Grandslam because all the puritanical, straight-laced whites who were apparently minding the shop robbed the Country blind. Point being, it's hypocritical for established white folk to thumb their nose at unruly thugs, when they've allowed highly-educated thugs to run this Country (and foreign countries) into the ground, for decades.

#55     Mar 25, 2011
  6. <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Rlqjxst6xU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#56     Mar 25, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

It is poverty. The violence in my town is focused on its own poor, who don't look like those poor but behave the same. Primarily, it's immigrants, and both parents are around.

There might be a lot "beyond you", your phrase, because everyone knows it's better to live among wealthy people than poor people, even if you yourself don't have money, for this very reason.

I actually don't see any of it myself, I have an acreage. The violence here is done by coyotes, owls, ermine, badgers. I'm sorry the parenting you received has not enabled you to get away from your clearly problematic area.

#57     Mar 25, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, I did not post videos of violent black people. I posted videos that were in the news THAT day. On previous days I posted videos of WHITE people including a fight amongst WHITE people in a Denny's over maple syrup! Yes, WHITE people. This was not about skin color. YOU made it about skin color by going out of your way to do a SEARCH on you tube to SPECIFICALLY find videos of violent white people. THAT is the difference.

#58     Mar 25, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

What does that mean? The parenting I received? Problematic area? Dude, I live on the north side of Chicago. Probably the least problematic area in the country.

Ricter, a lot of words come out of your mouth but you never really say anything. I've tried to defend you among your critics as being one of the more reasonable liberals on this board, but it's getting harder and harder to do that. I asked you to explain why in the previous examples I gave, that poverty did not create these issues. I cited the depression and post WWII Europe. And as usual, you have no answer. You just tell me poverty and leave it at that. How can you believe that shit. It's not poverty, it's parenting!!!!!! I was poor my entire f*cking life and never acted like that. Why? Because my parents would not have tolerated it. Poverty has nothing to do with it and you know that Ricter. Why do you keep saying it does? Where is your data? Where are your examples? You never say anything. You never defend anything. Your critics are right about you.

#59     Mar 25, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Regarding the BK fight, here are some more details.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/florida/meet-panama-city-bk-brawler-653092

MARCH 24--Meet Kimesa Smith.

The bikini-clad Alabama woman was arrested Saturday night on a misdemeanor battery charge after she had a violent meltdown over a Whopper Jr. and fries at an oceanfront Burger King in Panama City Beach, Florida.

As seen below, Smith’s antics were videotaped by a fellow diner who uploaded his video to the Internet (and, while filming the melee, exclaimed “This is the best spring break ever.”)

Smith, 31, argued with Burger King employees before jumping atop the front counter, where she swung at workers and threw a large plastic jug at them (the jug apparently was used to collect charitable donations).

Smith, a Montgomery, Alabama resident, also allegedly pulled the hair of a fast food worker and threw other items at employees. She was joined in these pursuits by several acquaintances, none of whom were charged.

According to a Panama City Beach Police Department report, Smith tried to pull away after being handcuffed. “Take your damn hands off me, you can’t touch me,” said Smith. While in custody, she “continued screaming and yelling” at a cop and a Burger King employee who identified her for officers.

n an interview, Smith said that the confrontation began after she complained to workers about the tardy delivery of the Whopper Jr. and french fries she had ordered. She recalled exclaiming loudly, “Damn, these folks are slow.”

After waiting 20 minutes for the items, Smith said she flung the bag of food at workers with whom she had quarreled. Smith also copped to, among other things, throwing another customer’s drink at wokers, pulling the manager’s hair, and throwing the coin jug.

“We tore the Burger King up,” she remarked. “I don’t play no games.”

Describing herself as a “first time spring breaker,” Smith, a mother of four, said she had traveled Friday to Florida with friends and three of her children, the youngest of which is two and has cerebral palsy. In anticipation of a night of drinking, Smith, pictured in the above mug shot, said she went to the Burger King to “get something in my stomach.”

After arriving at a police substation, Smith asked cops “where her children were at.” She then told officers “she had her 2 children with her” at the beach. But when an officer sought details about the children, Smith was uncooperative and “very vague.” Cops did not have enough information to report the children as missing.

A restaurant manager told TSG that the eatery suffered minor damage during the incident, but that no worker was injured. Smith, free on $500 bond, has a court appearance next Wednesday.

Arguing that Burger King employees bear some responsibility for the altercation, Smith said, “When I walked in they had no smiles on their faces. We weren’t treated fairly." Having herself previously worked at McDonald’s and Church’s Chicken, Smith added, “I know how to greet my customers.”

“If I knew what was gonna happen,” Smith said, “I would’ve gone to Taco Bell.”

#60     Mar 25, 2011