Fight!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, let's go with that. Why the poor angle? If I would have acted like that, my parents would have beaten me 10 ways from Sunday. What does wealth have to do with it? Come on Ricter. So if I'm poor, I don't have the ability to act like a human being in public? What "income" level would need to be reached for these people to behave like humans?

#11     Mar 24, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

No one is exempt from bad behavior, but I imagined the wealthier classes, traveling in their cabs and private cars, would give each other the finger for the most part. And would they have a need to eat on the way, or do they have a proper lunch hour? To be fair, most poor folk simply endure crowding with their mouth (no pun) shut.

#12     Mar 24, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wait a minute here Ricter. Are you really telling me the reason why that girl in the BK jumped up on the counter and started attacking the employees there and trashing the place is because she had to burden herself with eating in a fast food restaurant? Really? Huh?

And the girl who attacks the woman on the subway? I guess because she to be burdened both by eating takeout AND riding the subway. The combination of the two just created too much stress for her.

(Mav scratches head in confusion)

#13     Mar 24, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

There are a lot of things going on nowadays. In the old days, sadly I was alive, it was considered rude to eat in public like this, particularly eating "in transit". Now, it's the norm. Spitting on sidewalks, who used to do that? Now I see cowboys putting a gob of half chewed "chaw" on the sidewalk and keep walking as if they have no consciousness of what they're doing. Cell phones in theaters, blabbing in librairies, etc. It all has something to do with crowding (imho), and a generations being raised by TVs and computers, not to mention the self-esteem movement that has made everyone so very damn proud of who they are. You can't say anything to anyone anymore.

[To get more to your question, I think of all the groups and classes, it is the religious and the wealthy who are still getting a half decent socialization. But, "God is dead", and the ranks of the poor are growing.]

#14     Mar 24, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Objection your honor. I would like to point out other places where the population is far more dense (btw the BK fight was in Panama City, FL) such as London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, hell even Mexico City, where people do not act like this. Hell, go to Calcutta, India where people are both poor and living on top of each other and they don't act like this. Do you got anything else?

#15     Mar 24, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You're wrong, people are worse in [some of] those places.

#16     Mar 24, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

What do you mean by worse? Define that for me please? Are you referring to their public behavior. I have traveled all over the US to just about every large city and I have not seen any examples of how over crowding leads to this kind of behavior. I have no idea where this logic is coming from.

#17     Mar 24, 2011
  8. Family values handed down, period. Certain segments of our populace have none because they had none/poor parenting or no extended family support.

Lack of parenting and no money cept that govt check creates one angry spoiled welfare ghetto rat.

#18     Mar 24, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

While he's probably a decent guy outside of politics he has no concept whatsoever of logic I'm afraid.

I think we have a winner.

#19     Mar 24, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

How do we know anyone in that clip is getting welfare?

#20     Mar 24, 2011