FIFO rule kills futures traders profits!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ates, Nov 12, 2020.

1. That's your 1st problem. Very difficult to scalp the ES because of its "high noise".

#11     Nov 12, 2020
  2. Ates

Ates

I love noise. That's why i am a successful ES and NQ scalper. So that's not the problem at all

#12     Nov 12, 2020
  3. Power to you!

:)

#13     Nov 12, 2020
  4. bone

bone

Just for clarity, in the futures universe FIFO and Pro Rata are order matching algorithms employed by the futures exchanges - doesn't have anything to do with the brokers. If you change anything about your initial order (such as quantity), that requires a new message it requires a new order tag and you go to the back of the order queue line. Same on CME, ICE, Eurex, LIFFE, SIMEX, etc..

#14     Nov 12, 2020
    yc47ib, Ates and rb7 like this.
  5. bone

bone

Then put your big boy pants on and get TT X-Trader and clear an FCM directly.

You mention all of these smallish Introducing Broker firms - you do realize that you are going through three ECN's, doubling your messaging and running two risk checks? That's not an optimum scalping situation by any standard.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    #15     Nov 12, 2020
    patrickrooney likes this.
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

he’s referring to lot allocation, not execution on the floor

#16     Nov 12, 2020
    DiceAreCast likes this.
  7. bone

bone

I'm referring to electronic order matching. Lot allocation on the screen. FIFO and Pro Rata.

#17     Nov 12, 2020
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

We have used average prices at our company. It’s really hard to do post transaction analysis because you have to recreate the entire stream of trades.

If you need it because it’s affecting your decision making then either 1. You have to do it yourself (I do this in excel), 2. You have to switch software, 3. You have to challenge why it’s affecting your decision making.

#18     Nov 12, 2020
    eternaldelight and Apologetik like this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I know. OP is referring to lot allocation for the purpose of realized gains.

#19     Nov 12, 2020
    DiceAreCast likes this.
  10. bone

bone

OP has other problems that he is blissfully unawares of. Like doubling his message routing (two credit checks per message - Ouch!) because he uses Introducing Brokers. If he used TT and cleared an FCM directly he'd be a big boy scalper.

#20     Nov 12, 2020
    SunTrader and patrickrooney like this.