Fidelity Wealth-Lab Pro 5.3

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by VoodooMMI, Apr 16, 2009.

1. I'm interested in designing and back testing rules-based and/or automated trading strategies. I have an account with Fidelity Investments and I trade enough with them to be eligible to have free access to their Wealth-Lab Pro software.

Has anyone here used Wealth-Lab Pro? What is your opinion of it? Any other software that you'd recommend instead?

I'm looking at creating strategies for trading electronically traded futures that are liquid and have tight spreads. I thought I might be able to use a close substitute as a first approximation. For example, back test .SPX in Wealth-Lab Pro as a substitute for back testing ES. I know if I plan to trade ES, it's best to back test ES, but if I only have .SPX data then I may use that initially. I think backtesting .SPX could still be worthwhile. Your thoughts?

Voodoo

2. hayman

hayman

I am a long-time WL user, but I never went beyond V 3.x. Their tool has always been quite robust and feature-rich, and their support was always excellent. I haven't followed them over to Fidelity, so I can't speak for the current product and support team.

The ability to back-test using their S/W has saved me countless amounts of money over the years.....