Fibonacci

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by erol, May 24, 2009.

1. Some choose to work rather than HAVING to, simply for a 2nd income. If your not day trading and you have spare time...why not?

post a YTD account statement and lets see how successfull you are. no?. hmmm interesting.

most people here dont have 100k to trade with. Someone making say 100.00 a week consistantly off 25k or whatever the amt, is successfull in my opinion, even if they cant go full-time, but your arrogant in your ways so why do I bother?

Some, and god forbid! would even say that success isn't all about money, but I know just saying that opens me up to being flamed here on ET.

#51     Jul 29, 2009
  2. JScott

JScott

This one statement alone shows that you are early on in your trading efforts. Like he said, it's all relative given account size and other factors. There are "successful" amateurs and "successful" professionals. Knowing whether to take good counsel from somebody has nothing to do with how "well-known" they are. Actually, quite the opposite for the most part.

Keep trading.

JScott

#52     Jul 29, 2009

3. Regarding "Some choose to work rather than HAVING to", I quoted YOU, "or have to work because their accounts arnt large enough to trade full time." Not a very "substantial" argument for success. If you are going to accuse others of lacking substance, you may want to try and stay on topic and answer accordingly next time.

I'm not the one leading people astray telling others I am successful using fibs to trade successfully. That be YOU!! But being you brought it up, how about YOU posting a YTD statement and back up what you dispense as being valuable. How's that for reference?

No need to get testy. I am simply trying to put your success in reletive terms.

#53     Jul 29, 2009
  4. Not by me. You said you were successful using fibs, and I asked you to define successful. If your definition of success is self fullfillment but lacking a profitable strategy, then that is your definition. However, all you have done is evade the question, which tells me you have no business giving others trading advice if the goal is to be profitable, as you have not demonstrated you have been able to accomplish that successfully.

Success is a releative term. The question wasn't difficult.

#54     Jul 29, 2009

5. Keep telling yourself that and perhaps someday you'll come to believe it.

#55     Jul 29, 2009
  6. JScott

JScott

"Household name"???

"Well known throughout the financial world"???

How silly does this sound to you? If you use fibs and make money, you're probably some form of successful. We'll never get to any agreement on the definition. You're just starting with the wrong assumption . . . you have to be well-known to be successful? Seriously.

#56     Jul 29, 2009

7. Please point to where I made any reference to "agreeing" on a definition of success. When someone with a long history of trading failure and blowing out accounts decides to give out trading advice based on their personal success, I simply asked them to define what they considered as being "successful." In return, all that was given in return was double speak direct from the Newbies Fake It Until You Make It Trading Guide .

Now, I ask you, how silly is it for someone who has a long track record of failing at trading to be giving out trading advice, not on the premise of what not to do, but as a testimonial of being successful themself?

Thanks for your input. It's been very enlightening.

#57     Jul 29, 2009
  8. your not worthy of knowing the answer. Hows that?. If you really wanted to know, you'd look through the journal threads. Even if I did post an account statement, It wouldn't be good enough for you . I will tell you im up 43% this year.

#58     Jul 29, 2009

9. Now, now........no need to get testy just because you tap danced around a simple question. But good for you for proving the theory that even a blind squirrel can find an occasional nut. That $80 of profit on your $200 FOREX account will go a long way to covering the thousands you have lost in the past. Now the real question is, how long before you lose that $80 using those fibs?

Let's revisit this at year end. Hopefully, you'll still be able to afford internet access by then and share your fibs with us. :D

#59     Jul 29, 2009
  10. Mav88

Mav88

I have a question for you fibo-fags. Do you understand that the ratio .5 is not a Fibonacci number? If not, then you don't know what a fibonacci number is. If so, then you are masters at self delusion for thinking there is something magical about fibonacci ratios, but then use 1/2.

#60     Aug 2, 2009