Fibonacci

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by erol, May 24, 2009.

1. i'm not saying not to look into in, just saying you probably wont get a whole lot of support on that here. but i trade fibs so if u have a question on that i can help.

#41     Jul 29, 2009
  2. I have a question. You say you trade fibs, but do you trade fibs successfully, and if so, why are you not a household name? Just saying "I trade using X" without some sort of reference is quite meaningless, do you not agree?

#42     Jul 29, 2009

3. yes

what type of reference do you want?

#43     Jul 29, 2009

4. I suppose I should have asked you to define "successfully." If you are successfull using fibs, you would be well known throughout the financial world. Are you, and if not, why do you believe you are successful using fibs?

As for a reference, I am not wanting anything. I simply stated that without a reference to measure your definition of success in perspective regarding your using fibs, the statement in itself is meaningless and I asked if you agreed or not.

#44     Jul 29, 2009
  5. no i dont agree. Your saying anyone who trades successfully should be "well-known", and if not then their not successfull?..that makes no sense.

#45     Jul 29, 2009
  6. WTF? Are you sipping on a bottle wrapped in a paper bag?

#46     Jul 29, 2009
  7. It makes perfect sense. If you are a hobbyist who supports his trading affliction via a day job, I would not consider that as being successful. That being said, any method or system of trading that nets just a point or two a day on a consistant basis would have you financially independent within a very short period of time.

I'm simply trying to establish where you fall on the above scale of success. Telling unsuspecting visitors that happen upon your statement that you are successful using fibs can be quite misleading if you are not in the group of the latter.

I'm simply fact finding here and asking those that make statements such as yours to be accountable in the interest of full disclosure.

Thanks for the reply.

#47     Jul 29, 2009

8. Nah, just a straw inserted into a cardboard box. I can't afford the bottled stuff!

#48     Jul 29, 2009
  9. A lot of people here choose to work on the side, or have to work because their accounts arnt large enough to trade full time. Your arguement lacks substance.

#49     Jul 29, 2009

10. A lot of people here are pikers, paper traders, and wanna be's giving advice based on their being "successful."

Those who say they "have to work" to support their trading are not successful in trading by definition.

Failed traders givng advice based on their success is very much like watching a mentally challanged blind person teach sharpshooting at the target range. Funny as hell to watch, but quite sad in reality.

No argument here; you've answered where you reside on the scale of being "successful" quite successfully, pardon the pun.

Thanks for addressing this matter. I do, however, find it odd that you find my questioning your success as having no substance, yet you are unable or unwilling to define success as it pertains to your trading "sucessfully" with fibs.

#50     Jul 29, 2009