Fibonacci Extension on IB Charts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by LacesOut, Sep 13, 2017.

1. LacesOut

LacesOut

I couldn't get any help on the IB chat so I figured I would pose the question here.
    I used to use the Fibo Ext as follows
    Two trend lines (forming a triangle)
    Click bottom trendline
    Click top trendline
    And Fibo extend.
    Where 0% would be at the top trendline and extending upward would be the various 38.2 61.8 etc.

I can't seem to get extensions on IB. Only retracements.
    It says extensions are available but I can't make it work like I used to on Futuresource.

Can anyone advise?

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I'm not a Fib person, but often times, TWS holds onto artifacts (being, details of prior constructs) with amazing ferocity.

Sometimes, the only way I've gotten *rid* of something was to erase what I was working on, and start all over. You might bring up a totally new graph (new underlying), and see if the Fib performance you seek is still there. If it is, bring up an established, but different graph, and see if *it* has problems. THEN go back to your original underlying and see what you might need to do.

By doing this, you can hopefully learn lessons that can apply in the future, because these things (once they pop up) tend to stick around. (Months, years. Ugh.)

3. geosing

geosing

If you mean the charts package that comes with TWS, this is what I used to use. Right click on chart, select "Add Fib line". Draw the line from the start point to end point. You get fib retracements between those two points and 3 extensions 161, 261 and 423. I don't think there is any way to customize the fib levels. Ignore if you are not talking about TWS.