Fib levels: who uses them?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Dogballoon, Aug 13, 2006.

Do Fib #s hold any water?

1. Yes, but I have no idea why.

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Yes, they reflect natural wave tendencies.

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Yes, they work because other traders use them.

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. No, they only work at random times.

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Maverick74 destroyed my family.

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  1. Agreed. I apply the technique directly to price action that I identify as impulsive and corrective. In other words, I am buying/selling the corrective pullbacks. I do believe that price movement has a fractal nature. When trading the eminis intraday I sometimes wonder about the "fundamental" analysis. I trade price. I hate to say it, but Elliott wave applied in a practical way does work for me in the markets.

#11     Aug 14, 2006
  2. lundy

lundy

I use them as secondary confirmation... For example, if I have a pattern, I enter after a solid close thru the 68.2% level

#12     Aug 14, 2006
  3. REDDEC

REDDEC

theses are hard and trying indicators. at first I was just using them for 50% retracement levels. but then I dug deeper and read about them and asked anybody who knew about them. I found how to use the fib time,circle,extension, and retracement. these numbers work because they are just support and resistance areas. if you place them from the right points they work.

#13     Aug 14, 2006
  4. Tyren

Tyren

Learning about fib many years ago changed my thinking from 1.000 s/r-levels to ca. 0.786 and 1.272.
    80% of traders look for horizontal support(1.000).

#14     Aug 14, 2006
  5. It's becoming clear that anyone from the Maverick branch of Assent in Chicago is a potential homewrecker.

#15     Aug 14, 2006