Fiat currencies - it will end badly. It always has.

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by wilburbear, Sep 17, 2021.

1. ha ha. this is just a little reminder of what to say to your relatives who question crypto.

they always say "bitcoin will end badly". but isn't it paper money that has always ended badly?

the value of the dollar has declined by more than half in my lifetime.

and those wonderful politicians, who we like to trust, will unquestionably reduce it further.

2. padutrader

padutrader

yes they will. they have to pay back trillions they have borrowed and they will pay back in money that is worthless.

interesting you say someone trusts them......no one trusts anyone these days,

but there is no alternative to fiat currency [and the usd] and to politicians

politicians can crush it like a cock roach when they feel threatened

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    WELL like one silver + gold dealer said ''all those are going down'' BUT long term can be much longer than anyone lives.
    But '' always ended badly'' NO sir not @ all.
    I've traded some ETFs /\ silver + gold for US cash[paper money]+ glad to do it.
    Seen plenty of US bills sell for waaaaaay past face value.
    Some still deal in old south confederate money /LOL/ i dont.
    And as a practical matter we have no idea when ''the end is ''
    I enjoy study of old coin prices, priced in US paper money.

johnarb likes this.
  4. On cryptocurrency, people are divided. Some people love it. Some people hate it. There is a schism over money in a broader societal context.

5. tomorton

tomorton

Crypto may turn out to be the right answer to a vital question with regards fiat currency. But that's not why it was created and there's zero evidence so far in its favour in this regard.

Right now there are only two groups backing it - privileged anti-establishment whiners and crypto speculators who are already in too deep.

6. %%
    There is a limited market for Us confederate money, mostly sellers/LOL...........................................:D:D

tomorton, johnarb and zdreg like this.
  7. jocrape

jocrape

History has witnessed how fiat money has never been a long term answer as money and how it has always impacted the savers badly. I can no longer put my faith on these currency notes that can be manipulated easily.

8. They both end badly.

Currency approach isnt the issue. Humans are.