FGBL Stopped Trading?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by electricshock, Aug 11, 2010.

1. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

I filled in one of the contact forms on the website about the issue and Eurex gave me a call about it. I felt we had a positive exchange of views on the subject.

In my opinion a market only generates business by the advertisement of price, and in suspension there is no price and so no business gets done, which is not in any ones interest.

#21     Aug 12, 2010
  2. enlighten us with the positive views they exchanged with you??

#22     Aug 13, 2010
  3. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

My take from it was that eurex has a fast market status where by the volatility / liquidity stop is either removed or has its parameters changed to account for potential moves over economic releases.

These are discussed at a daily briefing. In this instance the fast market status was not activated over FOMC and hence the suspension was triggered. My understanding is that future FOMC's will enter into fast markets status with the suspension trigger either removed or its parameters made wider.

#23     Aug 13, 2010
  4. thanks for the info.

bit worrying that such parameters were not updated for such an important event.

you would think this would be a given.

the more i think about it if this kind of decision making is going expect more problems.

really worrying such a major exchange would not do this.

#24     Aug 13, 2010
  5. Dogfish

Dogfish

TsunTzu - cheers, interesting

#25     Aug 13, 2010
  6. Sounds like a load of crap

With that Fed meeting and all the QE2 expectations to not widen any parameters is ridiculous.

It's either a lie or total incompetence.

#26     Aug 13, 2010
  7. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

People are not prone to making erroneous judgement calls?

Golly what a perfect world you must live in.

#27     Aug 13, 2010
  8. I don't follow your last comment tzuntzu.

There's erroneous and there's totally fucking stupid.

I don't see that Eurex is a viable exchange these days; it is a cesspit of incompetence and stupidity.

#28     Aug 13, 2010
  9. what concerns me most about it is are they being dictated to, to turn the parameters off by other high volume users ( eg algo companies ) as it suits their style of trading and hence they cant lose.

#29     Aug 13, 2010
  10. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Surely the answer is not to trade it then?

All I am saying is that its possible it was an error of judgement not putting on the fast market. That is the impression I got.

I personally prefer having a chat with the people responsible so that my opinion moves from being ill informed to one of understanding.

Mud slinging doesn't achieve much in my honest opinion.

Perhaps I am just being too easy giving room for options other than just lies or incompetence.

#30     Aug 13, 2010