FGBL Stopped Trading?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by electricshock, Aug 11, 2010.

1. I'm hearing more and more that the volumes are just crosses.

If the pauses are more frequent then I can't take the risk anymore of having positions in the eurex bond complex.

#11     Aug 11, 2010
  2. Dogfish

Dogfish

Thought we were gonna shut again today on the 09-24 move on sweet fa. These uncharted highs always seem dangerous territory

#12     Aug 11, 2010
  3. The basic question is : why should anybody hedge their portfolio if bond prices have anyway one way to go : up. Thank you FED. :)

#13     Aug 11, 2010
  4. Has anyone had a chat with a Eurex sales or customer service rep about this problem.

If it's happened this many times in only a few weeks then surely they must have something to say,the market quality has clearly deteriorated so they need to do something, and fast.

#14     Aug 11, 2010
  5. they dont speak to us lowly human anymore - we are not worthy.

#15     Aug 12, 2010
  6. In other words - you haven't called them up to see what if anything they intend to do.

#16     Aug 12, 2010
  7. not really the case at all.

the last time we had a conversation with out supposed account manager must be 3 years ago.

i challenge you to get through to anyone at eurex who gives a fuck.

they are so far up their own arse it reminds me of the last days of the third reich in the bunker.

utter denial

#17     Aug 12, 2010
  8. Dogfish

Dogfish

They do have a pretty decent rebate scheme for new traders, they basically trade for free for the first year. The trainees I know are getting thousands back each month.
    At the end of the day what else should they really do?

#18     Aug 12, 2010
  9. I'm not so sure that offering trainees/new traders a fee holiday is the way forward when the market has to be temporarily closed frequently due to lack of liquidity or rather over volatility due to lack of liquidity.

As a point/click human my view is that they should identify why the market keeps closing up and address it.

It never happened before and how can they expect to attract new quality business when this happens so often.

Perhaps this maybe why the ZN is dwarfing the FGBL volumes everyday recently.

#19     Aug 12, 2010
  10. esmjb

esmjb

my eurex rep took me out to lunch a month ago. we were supposed to go surfing last weekend but the waves sucked. they are around.

#20     Aug 12, 2010