FFastTrade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lsudaytrade, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Anyone here trade with FFastTrade?

What are your thoughts, especially with regards to platform reliability.

Current broker gave me a blank screen several times today.

2. Check out the free trial of their platform here: http://www.register.ffasttrade.com/

Btw, I haven't heard anything negative about FFastTrade and that in itself is a very good thing in this industry.

-Fast

3. I heard you were considering starting a fund, FAST? If you dont charge me management and performance fees, I'll glady invest my entire capital. I would then wont have to deal with worrying about my broker's reliability. Took a gander at your journal and find your trading skills stellar. Something like 0.5pts on the ES today, compounded over the whole yr can spell big CHEE$E. :)

4. 1.75 pts bro, 1.75! If you decide to use $10K/contract on ES and shoot for 1 ES pt per contract. That's 0.5% return per day. 250 trading days; and lets say you're profitable on 75% of the days...well, it's a decent return on investment. And I'm not starting a FUND...but you can invest in my LLC :D

-Fast

5. What are they?

They say that it is: S&P and NASDAQ MINIS - $3.32 RT, but is it all or is it only in addition to other fees such as exchange fees and NFA fees? I am not sure about it after reading their website. Anyone can advise on this?

6. I believe the $3.32 is all inclusive. Their fee is $1.00 r/t. $2.32 is the exchange fee. If you really want cheap commissions, you could lease a seat on the CME and still trade thru FFastTrade. I think the commission gets dropped to $1.40 rt or something like that. And I think the Globex fees are capped at $50/day.

-Fast

7. Here is the reply:

"
    The round turns are all inclusive.
    The monthly fee for the lite is $175.
    The monthly fee for the pro is $550.

We offer 50% margins on exchange set margins. If you trade two
    different exchanges we offer %75 of the 50%
    "
    Now, can someone do a quick math and compare their margins to the IB's? I am a math Ph.D., so I won't lower myself to this level :)D), but since I have already done part of the homework, perhaps someone else will do the rest of it.

BTW, last time I sent an email to IB with some question, well, it was about two weeks ago. I am still waiting for a reply... No comments.

8. 50% of exchange set would mean $1K per ES since CME intraday margin req. is $2K per ES.

-Fast