FFASTFILL Lower than IB??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bundtrader2, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Since you work for IB and it is clear that I work for FFastFill, it is probably a good idea that we keep this down to a minimum. The last time we went at it, you never sent the full log. Most people felt that there was a reason for that and you sure the hell didn't prove me wrong. CITRIX is faster and anyone that knows about its processes will verify it. The problem is, it is not scalable and it costs us much more to deliver. Hence we charge a front-end fee.

Tell everyone about your Throttling process for your system in terms of the CME updates. How Many updates per second do you distribute for the eminis??? Just interested?

I better be careful: IB has more people monitoring this site than the FBI has looking for terrororists!

I'll reiterate: I have never used IB's interface, But most of my clients are coming from IB and they all tell me that we are faster and our Scalper offers an edge over YOUR system. I can't say this myself, because I have never used your system, but I can tell you the feedback I get. Take it for what it is worth! I hope some of my clients will pipe in! That might carry a little more weight!

#31     Dec 4, 2002
  2. def

def Sponsor

Your a programmer. I am not. I posted the turn around times I rec'd on an order. You didn't like what you saw so you questioned them. Yes you have some former IB clients. We also have some former clients of yours that prefer a platform that can trade multiple products, who want to use API's, etc. That's just part of the game.

Speed of quotes, you should read some threads. IB's quote delivery system has been upgraded. The feedback that has been posted on this site in regards to the upgrade has been excellent.

More than the FBI: just shows your paranoia.

Keeping it civil: post accurate statements and I will. The fact is that there are numerous brokerages that provide excellent fills and even if IB is a few milliseconds faster than you, i'd contend that a few millisconds isn't going to make or break 99.9% of traders out there.

#32     Dec 4, 2002
  3. Like I said several months ago: I am not a programmer, I have been a trader my entire career until I took over this role with FFastFill. I worked for a firm that compared quite well against your firm. I ran trading groups and I was an Institutional trader min bothe the pits and on the screen. With that experience, I have tried to be instrumental in developing our software for Professional Traders as well as brokers. That is it!

In addition, I don't think that you have too many of my old clients, since we haven't lost too many. I am sure that you do not have any of my former Institutional Clients, because I have not lost any here in the US. You are cracking me up!

Nobody has ever called me paranoid before, but I know that on every thread of this site an IB employee jumps out during most discussions. You guys work this thing very well! Don't take offence, I'll bet it is one of your best marketing tools!!! But don't think the members are not aware of this!

I'm done! The other posters don't need this!

#33     Dec 4, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

Was just about to apologize for calling you a programmer. Sorry about that (no offense to programmers ofcourse :) ) Outside of Simon who has answers API questions from time to time, as far as I know, I'm the only person from IB answering on this forum. Didn't realize that you spoke for most of the people on this site. I guess I'm cracking up too. Have a nice night.

#34     Dec 4, 2002
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Yo def.....

Put this dude on ignore. He's making himself and his company look desperate.

IB ROCKS / IB RULES / WE ALL KNOW IT!!!:cool:

BSAM

#35     Dec 4, 2002
  6. I've been using FFastfill for 6 months. I've found the site to be wonderful. The scalping platform was easy to adjust to. The speed of the trade has been faster than any of the other firms that I've worked with, and there were a few of them! Customer service is great, at night you do have to call London if you should have a problem, but I trade primarily during the day. If you trade a decent number of contracts you'll save money over any other firm. The only other option would be to lease or buy a seat on the IOM, and than you could really cut your expenses! No, I do not work or am not affiliated with Ffastfill other than using their services!

#36     Dec 4, 2002
  7. Aaron

Aaron

Having recently switched from IB to Ffastfill I can objectively compare them. I've already posted the pros and cons of each. To summarize: Ffastfill is less expensive and has wonderful customer service. IB has a better frontend (TWS is better than the Citrix system) and has an API for their frontend.

Ffastfill's Citrix system is a bandwidth hog and a little rough around the edges. TWS is neat, compact, well thought out, and appealing.

#37     Dec 4, 2002
  8. I monitor the ES via IB's API and Excel, using a custom (proprietary) display interface, that allows for very careful monitoring of every quote change.

I do not believe there is any lag worth mentioning. There used to be some intentional lag in the level 2 depth display, but that's been fixed.

The competition will have to find some other point of reference, speed of quotes and execution ain't it.

#38     Dec 5, 2002
  9. So I have a question for all users of these products. Are the quotes, executions, and fills similar in speed for IB, Fastfill, TT, ect or are there major differences between these vendors in this area. Hopefully Aaron can chime in on this too.

#39     Dec 5, 2002
  10. def

def Sponsor

TT is an ISV (vendor/frontend system) and not a broker and the speed of an ISV can vary greatly depending on numerous factors. Amongst the brokers that put the proper resources into their backends, you shouldn't get much of a discernable difference in speed of execution.

#40     Dec 5, 2002