FFASTFILL Lower than IB??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bundtrader2, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Many thanks, I am still thinking about 11.00 Ameritrade commisions with 2.50 in sec fees for 1000 shares of diamonds !!
    Good point about scaling in as well

#21     Nov 30, 2002
  2. Aaron

Aaron

The larger dow contract is pit traded and not available to IB customers last time I checked. Through IB you can only trade electronic futures contracts.

#22     Nov 30, 2002
  3. alanm

alanm

Quote from Aaron:
    The larger dow contract is pit traded and not available to IB customers last time I checked. Through IB you can only trade electronic futures contracts.

The $10 contract does trade electronically, and is available at IB for the standard $2.40 rate. Its hours are more restricted now, though, than they used to be - they don't trade electronically while the pit is open, probably because of all the free money in arbitrage between them when it was allowed :)

#23     Dec 2, 2002
  4. Aaron

Aaron

Ah, thanks Alanm. So it is like the big SP and ND contract -- it trades electronically overnight and only in the pit during the day?

What a silly arrangement. Leave the big contracts trading electronically during the day! Can you hear me CBOT/CME??

#24     Dec 3, 2002
  5. Hello,

I am just now looking at IB's order entry screen. Somewhat intimidating !! A quick question, what is the symbol for the mini dow? I though it was ymz2 (for dec contract) when I enter ymz2#ace in the symbol space I get "symbol not found" this account is cleared for futures trading. I have entered stocks successfully. It is 7:12 pm eastern where I am Many thanks for previous info:)

#25     Dec 3, 2002
  6. You only need to enter the first 2 letters. After you type in the 2 letters (YM), press enter, click on Future/Dec/2002. It's the same for ES and NQ.
    The TWS interface is very easy to use after you get used to it, (which won't take long).:)

#26     Dec 3, 2002
  7. OPM8,

The math definitely does not Lie, but FFastTrade also charges on a month to month basis. Clients are charged in the middle of the month and they have a chance to take time off if they choose, as long as they give a couple of weeks notice.

If you do not trade over 750 sides a month and the additional functionality and speed of FFastScalp, then IB would be a better solution for you. If you trade higher volume and you take your trading seriously each month then FFastTrade offers better value than most of its competitors. As was posted earlier, the MATH is easy!

#27     Dec 4, 2002
  8. ddefina

ddefina

Always good to have competition--just wondering what the additional functionality is? How is it faster? Interface wise or execution wise?

#28     Dec 4, 2002
  9. The system is delivered over Citrix and anyone that has an IT background will tell you that the technology is very efficient and unfortunately very expensive to deliver. Ask IB how many updates per second they use for the Eminis and also ask them how fast they turn a trade around.

If you want to see the functionality, take a look at the FFastTrainer Trial and you'll see. FFastScalp and LeftyScalp are two very fast scalping tolls that provide the entire book to trade from.

I have never used IB's interface, but I can tell you that everyone I have spoken to has said that it doesn't touch FFastFill of TT when it comes to trading.

#29     Dec 4, 2002
  10. def

def Sponsor

here we go again. you somehow infer that citrix is faster than other types of access. it is not true. no doubt you have good software but long ago i posted IB's speed. Our turn around time is second to none. I've also spoken to institutions doing size that prefer the IB software over yours. To each his own.

#30     Dec 4, 2002