fewer TMBR executions

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Htrader, Aug 26, 2005.

1. ggoom

ggoom

Def,

Yes, in my case the fills from TMBR were fast and good, and love to have it as my counterpart, although I often was losing money to TMBR :(

If there was no policy change in your side, this is really strange. I haven't changed my stocks and strategies, but suddenly, there is no fill at all from TMBR. Not just me; many of us experienced the same thing. Don't you think something is wrong??

ggoom

#11     Aug 27, 2005
  2. def

def Sponsor

as i said if tmbr doesn't have the best market, you won't get a tmbr fill. nothing has changed on the IB side where obtaining the best execution price for clients is first and foremost. on the tmbr side, the algorithms are constantly being tweaked and as a result will have an impact on how often the quote is on the NBBO.

#12     Aug 27, 2005
  3. Moreagr

Moreagr

I got 3 fills today through TMBR

#13     Oct 3, 2005
  4. Doesn't TMBR still owe BofA like $20 mill. give or take?

#14     Oct 4, 2005
  5. def

def Sponsor

where do you come up with this trash.

#15     Oct 4, 2005
  6. FOX NEWS, where i get my trading signals. Does TMBR bust trades in the event that there is a quote malfunction or do they make their institutional clients honor quote error trades? Forget it. I spent enough time bitch slapping you around last spring. I've had my fill. Eat a bowl of rice and be merry.

#16     Oct 4, 2005
  7. def

def Sponsor

you are clueless cluseau, when a firm screws up and their error causes several firms to do several hundred thousand trades, 1/2 of which are hedging transactions, would you let the firm out of their error if they didn't pay for the cost of the hedge? Doubt it. rebooking trades to a fairer price is much more equitable.

Finally, last I heard is that exchanges have bust rules and EXCHANGES determine what gets busted or rebooked.

#17     Oct 4, 2005
  8. You're not privy to the inside details of that one are you?

Lighten up. I'm not interested in interfering with your work here.

#18     Oct 4, 2005
  9. def

def Sponsor

busting trades is a sore topic. everyone seems to the think the guys who made the error should be let off the hook scott free when there is a true (and often high) cost to the counterparty.

#19     Oct 4, 2005
  10. Who is dumb enough to think that the ERROR maker should walk.

The one who made the error should bear all costs of the trade, assuming the other side is kind enough/willing/able to let them out of the mistake.

Not even a question on this one.

#20     Oct 5, 2005