Few points against shorting EUR/USD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by MrProfit, Oct 21, 2005.

1. pretty good evaluations, MP. brighter than most.

great thread!

1. a time line should be taken into consideration.

to that regard, a time line based on trading, not only evaluations of what could/should/would happen based on macro economics.

because, ultimately, everything boils down to profits made or losses sustained due to trading done in the ForEx.

In other words, it's not all just evaluations. somewhere along the line someone has to pull the trigger aka trade.

there's no other way for any analysis/TA/fundamentals to gain profit or suffer losses - trades must be made.

as a short trader, I'm in bliss if EUR/USD moves up OR moves down.

since, I can make money both ways - just as long as it moves - by competently managing my trades/losses/wins/risks/cash.

outside the strict trading model, though, we've got 2 things here:

1. The basic US economy with its surprising ability/tendency to come ROARING back, burning USD-bears to the ground - hence there is only so much bearish USD resolve in the world at any given time.

2. what you indicate about Japan is real. however, the euro must also be taken into strong consideration here. And, again, euro-bulls have a tendency to be MELTED in a moment's notice. Again, little resolve there for any kind of longer term heroics.

If you are short the USD, I thank you ahead of time for your money.

adr,

Coinz

#11     Oct 24, 2005
  2. wait! that's the exact same pattern off my last MRI brain-wave cat-scan analysis they took at the hospital!

only, the little white arrow wasn't there....

hm....

#12     Oct 24, 2005
  3. MrProfit

MrProfit

#13     Oct 24, 2005
  4. MrProfit

MrProfit

well, as predicted the level of 1.1900 at EUR/USD holds well and there are no signs of 1.1300
    I have a gut feeling we are already in another strong upward move.
    I expect a 1 month of consolidation with a 1.2200 as a level of strong resistance.
    Then I see an upward move to 1.2600 for approx. 1 month afterwards and then acceleration to 1.4 and 1.6.

#14     Nov 1, 2005
  5. I read the first paragraph here and had to stop because of this statement. I find it hard to proceed in a thread where the fundamental backdrop is based on a statement like this.

Do you even understand how CBs work, sir? They're not buying all those Euros because they think the bottom is in. There are dozens of reasons why they buy them, and all but one of them have nothing to do with "investing in FOREX". There could be a client moving funds. An M+A that needs euros to finance. diversification balancing. Bund purchases. Who the hell knows? But whatever it is has to be done now. They can't go "Let's just wait until next month, because I believe the price will be a much better buy."

I really get a kick out of these threads. Where the hell is Neal when you want some support?

#15     Nov 2, 2005
  6. Up and up to the moon... :cool:

• up.jpg
      File size:
      151.2 KB
      Views:
    #16     Nov 2, 2005
  7. cad/jpy
    GBP/JPY
    AUS/JPY
    all crashing for Longer then a year

Look for Levels

#17     Nov 3, 2005
  8. Sure looks that way as of today!

#18     Nov 3, 2005
  9. What? Crashing? Every one of those is at (multi)year highs. Is that what you mean?

And what does "look for levels" mean?

#19     Nov 3, 2005
  10. Please explain further!

#20     Nov 3, 2005