Few people talk about how boring trading can be

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Naturex, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Naturex

Naturex

Title: "Overcoming boredom in trading"

My profitable trades, are my boring trades. Seeing the wins are fun, but the trading itself is more or less boring (If I don't spend my time on other things). For me it has become pressing a button and waiting a couple weeks, rinse and repeat. Trading isn't how I spend my time, it's more a side thing that I just do, because why not?

When I was a beginner I took many trades a day ofc, And it was the most exciting thing. Basically a gambler. Then I started reflect on my trading, and the problem? I couldn't take the boredom of sitting in a trade for a long period. Solution? I learned to tolerate the boredom by finding something productive to do while I wait (Still working on this).

If you can be profitable while still having a blast doing it, hats off to you.

Tips to be productive while waiting: Start writing a blog, take up studies, hang out with friends, have a job, have a part time job, volunteer at help centres.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

So you are gloating about your successful swing trades.

Cry me a river and go play pinochle while your swings make you your fat cash.

3. This has been discussed before. Someone even suggested calling trading "waiting" instead.

4. Buy the dip is boring.

GregorySG9 and Overnight like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Yeah, selling the dips and losing your shirt on it is WAY more exciting!

6. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Trading is pretty boring. I've learned to just set my stop loss with phone alert and go about my day. Why should anyone have to endure the torture of staring at a computer screen all day getting excited or worried on every little price movement? That sh*t messes with your emotions and makes you start making stupid decisions.

7. Learn to scalp, then trading will never be boring but stressful

8. Depending on your kind of trades, anyway I scalp but have pretty much what keeps me busy while I do my scalping , beside I'm a full time trader, I leave my computer screen only when no trades are opened.

9. Nobert

Nobert

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Naturex likes this.
  10. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

I do swing trading for highly volatile markets *crypto*, and that's stressful enough! Alot of buying high and selling low.

#10     Nov 17, 2019