'Fess up - who got blown out yesterday???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tomcole, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Poker Analogy: If you can't identify the sucker at the table, it's probably you.

Trading Analogy: If you post a message on ET asking who got blown out, it's probably you.

#21     Jul 8, 2005
  2. Nutzo

Nutzo

Exactly...........You gotta love losing traders that start threads like this, thinking there would be other losers to complain together with.

Sorry Tomcole there is nobody here to join YOUR LOSERS CLUB

:p

#22     Jul 8, 2005
  3. scalpz it could drop 5000 points and youd "survive" cus despite all your bs you post on here about your magical trades..its all paper money!

#23     Jul 8, 2005
  4. wOg

wOg

-sigh-

#24     Jul 8, 2005
  5. hajimow

hajimow

I had some short positions that I was losing money but I could cover at about 8:30 pre market with profit but I wanted to get more and I was expecting to have better profit that ... alas!!. Now I am in more loss. I see the market overbought for the short term . At least that is what I want to see :p

#25     Jul 8, 2005
  6. I did, but not out.:cool:

#26     Jul 8, 2005
  7. tomcole

tomcole

Funny how on ordinary days, there are stories of broken trades, bad fills etc etc, on an extraordinary day, just tales of profits and papertraders deciding who made and lost.

Oh well, another trading site loses credibility.

#27     Jul 9, 2005
  8. nitro

nitro

If you don't understand human psychology, you may never have a satisfactory understanding of the markets either.

Losers rarely want to be counted. Think about it - it is human nature. Rarely do people put themselves out to "shame" for no particular reason or non-benefit.

While I think the question you asked would have been interesting to have an honest answer to by hundreds of traders, I believe the hope of getting participation from those that did not do well was doomed to fail from the very beginning, _even_if_ all the replies you _did_ get were honest. This is called "survival bias" or similar statistical anomalies.

Also, the people that respond to this question often don't even understand what is being asked because this site has hundreds/thousands of investors that think they are trading. For example, say you are an investor and have a 401K that contained many of the names that went higher, and you happen to be registered on this site. You are all excited about how you made money, and lo and behold, you post that you were a genius today and made money. And yet, are these people traders? Did anyone that was simply long into it and would have been no matter what, make a trading decision? Are these the people you are hoping to count?

I doubt it.

nitro

#28     Jul 9, 2005
  9. Tomcole

I agree with some others that your posts have the attitude of "I didnt win so you cant have either". Focus on what you could have done, and realise that of course some people did do that.

#29     Jul 9, 2005
  10. Choad

Choad

I think some of it may be that a lot of traders just weren't in the market.

I was in a "wait for the downtrend to get really moving..." mode. It looked like a classic summer down whoosh would start soon. .

I don't daytrade, so it's hard for me to start buying on these big up-ramps. Still waiting.. :(

#30     Jul 9, 2005