Fertilizer stocks out of favor

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NoDoji, Jul 24, 2008.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

GGSAE, that's my take on it exactly. They're strong companies, and if you're a long term investor, they're priced well, even though they may test the 200 SMA's in a bear market, they'll rebound and continue to climb. And if you're a day trader, the moves just don't get any better.

#11     Jul 25, 2008
  2. GGSAE

GGSAE

I've netted thousands of dollars on the year trading these stocks, i guess that's funny to a guy who doesn't trade.

#12     Jul 25, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Who said I didnt trade??? I DONT trade for a living, but I do trade.

I just took a look at my trade activity and YTD I have approx 330 trades in my daytrading account and IRA has approx 18 trades YTD.

Im sure you have netter thousands from trading those stocks...

:p :p :p :p :p :p

#13     Jul 25, 2008
  4. I think its going to be 6 months of chop sell offs in commodities then it will be time to look at them again.

They have all had a really really great run.

I dont think the bull market is over in the longterm. Interest rates have to rise for that to happen, but for right now the banking sector is in such dire straits it may be enough to force prices down.

#14     Jul 25, 2008
  5. You're arguing with S2007S, a notorious ET paper trader that averages into losing positions and then - weeks later - claims victory on his 'amazing' calls. Don't bother with him.

#15     Jul 25, 2008
  6. Once again you show everyone here on ET that you have no idea what you are doing . . . made even more ironic by the fact that you are arguing with a guy that actually TRADES for a living!

First off, these stocks have been in 3 year uptrends, that should tell you something. The fundamentals are there. This group's performance isn't just some "day-trading" orgy.

Secondly, the farming community is always seeking to increase yield and many of the new fertilizers are helping them do just that.

Your view on what you think is happening around the globe with the economy is a joke.
    Ever notice what is going on in Brazil lately?

Hint: There is a major macro shift going on in that country with commercial farming. They are the #1 exporter of soybeans in the world!

You have no clue.

#16     Jul 25, 2008
  7. Anything that goes up to a price that is beyond what you personally can rationalize is a bubble? You can only buy things that are down, can you?

The mindset of a true amateur.

#17     Jul 25, 2008
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Good point, i was about to go into my CAS and print off my pnl but then looked at the number of posts this guy has...

#18     Jul 25, 2008
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

Here's my 2-week gains off POT (calls) and CF (stock), all long trades + $10K.

#19     Jul 25, 2008
  10. GGSAE

GGSAE

Nicely done! I'm quite confident this sector will make me a millionaire and I know of several other traders that trade these pairs very profitably (much more so than I)...conversely there's other traders that blew out their accounts.

#20     Jul 25, 2008