Ferrari plans electric supercar to challenge Tesla

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by truetype, Jan 16, 2018.

1. truetype

truetype

Ferrari plans electric supercar to challenge Tesla

“If there is an electric supercar to be built, then Ferrari will be the first,” Marchionne said. “People are amazed at what Tesla did with a supercar: I’m not trying to minimise what Elon did but I think it’s doable by all of us.”

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

No shit it's doable. Once you get the battery resolved, the rest is trivial.

Eventually cars will all be the same with the only difference being amenities offered on the inside. And with more amenities being controlled by software the only difference will be the leather, and the wood grains.

3. I guess owners are tired of spending $1100 for oil change, about 3k for whatever maintenance expense per visit, 3-4 times a year.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

This rivalry will certainly be interesting. I wonder who'd win.

5. traderob

traderob

I saw the latest TESLA on display in Amsterdam airport (schiphol) last week. Impressive and gorgeous.

6. TRS

TRS

Doesn't Marchionne contradict himself?

"If there is an electric supercar to be built, then Ferrari will be the first,” Marchionne said. “People are amazed at what Tesla did with a supercar: I’m not trying to minimise what Elon did but I think it’s doable by all of us.”