Fence in the queers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, May 22, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Horse Shit

#21     May 22, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Who are you and what have you done with Ricter?

#22     May 22, 2012
  3. Perhaps but the term homophobe is grossly over utilized and directed at people who merely object to it on moral or religious grounds and are not keen on considering it "normal " behavior" and giving it "special rights".

If just being opposed to another persons lifestyle and way of thinking makes you phobic then consider me a "LIBERALphobe".

#23     May 22, 2012
  4. As a gay man I REALLY don't need some fag-hag liberal like yourself in my corner calling every one who disagrees with you a "homophobe".

As a matter of fact I think a lot of the anger people have towards homosexuality is in reality an abject rejection of liberal in your face indoctrination and bullying.

#24     May 22, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I believe there is more than just a little truth in that statement.

#25     May 22, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

The argument is that homosexuality is a sin against God and cannot be condoned. It certainly cannot be equated to or called marriage which is a God sanctioned union.

#26     May 22, 2012
  7. When will people learn mixing religion and the State is a bad idea?

Before the advent of the personal income tax and the welfare state, how the govt defined marriage was basically irrelevant.

Without govt largess/(nannyism) at stake, it's a non-issue.

#27     May 22, 2012
  8. I have to apologize to you, even though I was hassled a bit about posting from the office.

I admire you for being a gay man who understands the conflict between Religion and the State. And, fwiw, I think the legal aspect of marriage is of no concern to the State. Small government types keep ranting about big government, yet they want to control what goes on everyone's personal life. And, we need to keep Mr. Romney on track to accept the fact that some people are born gay. And, get with busting Obama for the real issues.

#28     May 22, 2012
  9. I read somewhere that we should just outlaw "marriage".

I tend to agree to outlaw marriage would solve the gay marriage problem.

Now everyone can just get a civil union. Hetero's and homo's. everyone's civil union is recognized as lawful and equal. Game over.

#29     May 22, 2012
  10. Agree totally. Marriage should be a religious issue, call it what you want. The legal aspects of cohabitation should not be governed by Religion. I want my marriage supported by my Religion, and could care less about the legal aspects.

#30     May 22, 2012