Feinstein As Brain Dead As Pelosi In Gun Control Comments

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 8, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) shot down a proposed amendment to her “assault weapons” ban that would exempt military veterans from the gun ban. She also made some questionable claims.

Pushing a ban on high-capacity magazines, Feinstein argued that it is “legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines.”

Here’s her dubious rationale:

“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”

During the same hearing, she also argued that a military veteran could be mentally ill and suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), therefore should be prevented from buying the semi-automatic weapons that would be banned in her bill.

The California Democrat also made the bizarre claim that the “advent of PTSD” is a “new phenomenon” and a “product of the Iraq war.”

Here’s exactly what she said in context: “The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-to-hunt-humans-with-high-capacity-magazines/

2. Cutting veterans out of their right to bear arms is a very, very, low blow.

3. The term post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) was coined in the mid 1970s,[201] in part through the efforts of anti–Vietnam War activists and the anti-war group Vietnam Veterans Against the War and Chaim F. Shatan, who worked with them and coined the term post-Vietnam Syndrome; the condition was added to the DSM-III as posttraumatic stress disorder.

Early in 1978, the term was used in a working group finding presented to the Committee of Reactive Disorders.[420] The term was formally recognized in 1980.

(The numerical citations are todays 3 digit lottery winning numbers, thank me later)

------------------------

"PTSD symptoms can follow any serious psychological trauma, such as exposure to combat, accidents, torture, disasters, criminal assault and long term exposure to ET global warming threads, exposure to atrocities or to the sequelae (whatever the fuck that is) of such extraordinary events"

4. pspr

pspr

I don't understand what is wrong with these liberals. They are just crazy!

5. pspr

pspr

Shhhhh. Don't tell Feinstein. Let's keep her looking as foolish as possible. :D

6. Do tell mrs feinstein sounds intriguing to me.

oh wait you must mean the fbi, batf, dea.

7. Democrats CAN be stupid. The press will keep their little secret. Feinstein was outed for heading a committee that gave contracts to her husband's aerospace firm and essentially, it wasn't much of a news story, there never was an investigation, etc... Sarah Palin was doing a great job as Alaska's governor, she was investigated a dozen times for things, very, very nearly nothing was proven, she spent her personal fortune defending herself in said investigations and her church was burnt down... and she resigned the Governorship. Does anybody see any hypocrisy or is it just me?

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

9. pspr

pspr

I thought democrat was just a derivative of dumbass. :p

10. LEAPup

LEAPup

That's just the start. Wait til Onazi gets his enhanced background checks. Since his gestapo will let him do what he wants, I forsee MANY Veterans being knocked out of their Constitutional God given right to keep and bear arms.:mad:

History is repeating itself in America, yet the 15 second attention span American sits idly by letting it happen.:(

#10     Mar 9, 2013