Feeman's Scalping Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Feeman, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Feeman

Feeman

Here is today's broker statement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11     Feb 1, 2012
  2. Feeman

Feeman

Traded 5 instruments today. Four (ZW, ZS, ES, NQ) hit target and one (YM) got hurt in the stop and reverse logic of the system. Watching YM was like sitting at a baccarat table and seeing players switch between Banker and Player to catch a streak only to get chopped up as Banker and Player randomly alternate winning hands. That may the only issue I have with this system. If the asset can't find a decent short term move (not a runner by any means, but a short burst), a loss will occur from chop.

The botom line was a net loss of $142.50, which is manageable, however. And, of course, if I had held the position a bit more, that loss would have been gone. That's trading!

The system stops trading when daily targets are hit or 11:30 am ET. Two hours of risk is acceptable for a scalping system like this one.

[​IMG]

#12     Feb 2, 2012
  3. It sounds like commission is less than one tick, and slippage is occasionally one tick, usually when buying.

Is this correct? :cool:

#13     Feb 2, 2012
  4. Feeman

Feeman

Commission is significantly less than one tick and slippage is typically 1 tick.

#14     Feb 2, 2012
  5. Feeman

Feeman

Here is yesterday's broker statement.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#15     Feb 3, 2012
  6. Feeman

Feeman

Here are the two trades that the system took this morning. As a point of reference, if the system is in a trade and market moving news is soon to be released, the trades stays on. In these instances, non-manufacturing ISM report was released at 10:00 ET and the trades closed in our favor.

[​IMG]

#16     Feb 3, 2012
  7. Feeman

Feeman

Here are our final two trades of the day. Profit realized in 13 seconds. Time in market = risk. This system tries minimize it.

[​IMG]

#17     Feb 3, 2012
  8. Feeman

Feeman

Here is yesterday's broker statement.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#18     Feb 4, 2012
  9. Feeman

Feeman

A weekly performance update will accompany this journal and any comments that may be important in evaluating this system as a candidate for scaling up. I will try to be as transparent as possible in the weekly update.

For the first week, I'll let the summary speak for itself.

[​IMG]

#19     Feb 4, 2012
  10. Feeman

Feeman

Small profit was made today.

[​IMG]

#20     Feb 6, 2012