Feelings

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OPTIONAL777, Sep 25, 2002.

1. I know that traders spend a lot of time trying to trade without being influenced by their feelings.

I can only speak for myself, but I have not felt the same since 911. I feel more tired, less hopeful, in the dark about what is going on in our Government and the world, a sense of powerless about all that is happening.

I feel a sense of malaise, and I know it has an effect on my trading, as well as other areas of life.

I have spoken with many people, and almost all say they feel the same feelings.

I even feel less healthy. Sometimes I wonder if we haven't been poisoned by something.

I don't live in New York, but I have to imagine that they feel it even worse there.

I don't know if we as a society are suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome or not.

Would be interested in hearing some feedback.

2. I was down for awhile, found some tears coming to my eyes a few times.

I saw somebody who helped me put everything in perspective and can live each day to the fullest again. I have a choice in life.

Make the world a better place or hate the world I live in.

I choose to make a difference in the World with everything I do.

Words to live by

Robert

3. Worse. Who could'nt?

4. I feel lucky for not losing any friends and family from the tragedy. If it has, I do not know if I would feel as good as I do today.

I have made some bad decisions in my life. When I was 19 (four years ago) I was at my lowest. I felt suicidal, and felt it was useless to go on.

I believe in god, so I asked him "why?" I believe that god loves me. I believe he wishes the best for me just like any father would to his child. But why does he let these bad things happen to me then? But that doesn't make sense. Why would he do something bad to me if he loves me? Maybe he's trying to make a point.

:)

5. ....nothing more than feelings.

6. Cesko

Cesko

In a long run we are all dead anyway.

I meditate upon this issue regularly and it helps.

7. Who was that Keynes?

Hey it helped the ancient feudal samurai to embrace life to its fullest, so why not Cesko :D

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

8. That's looking at the positives! Cheers!

9. Cesko

Cesko

Yes, Keynes "The spiritual leader". LOL

10. Aphex,

There is a lot to be said for going to the edge of one extreme inorder to embrace its polar opposite.

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#10     Sep 25, 2002