feelings are expensive

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by slowcpa, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Indeed easy to say .... anyone can predict reading the chart to the left side. If it was that easy reading to the right, everyone would be trader .. :)

#11     Apr 12, 2008
  2. React to what you see. I can't emphasize it enough. It was also easy before it even happened if you understand price action. The "trending positive" you meant had no meaning anymore after this forceful sell-off after the GE news. Even the slight positive trend after market open was just a reaction in an overall bearish influence. I was in a short position, but was this positive trending a reason for me to close my trade entirely to reverse and go long? I think not.

That's why I recommended every trader to focus on the big picture. The trader all too often lets the market kick and punch him and he goes home wounded, complaining to his mom that the "big guys" were unfair again.

Trade in way that is advantageous, please!

#12     Apr 12, 2008
  3. AndreTheGiant

AndreTheGiant Guest

Palatine helped me with the concept of turning off excessive market noise and focusing on the Big Picture. Nice post.

#13     Apr 12, 2008
  4. Yes... the ego gets in the way. I have lost so much $$$ because of it.

What do you recommend?

#14     Apr 13, 2008
  5. Be a man and take your looses early .. so far it is working for me ...

I am dealing wihen too many looses in a row. It seems to piss me off and loose track of my signals .... that is my current demon..

#15     Apr 13, 2008