Feeling the market - important or not ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Mystery, Mar 22, 2009.

1. "He stands like a statue,
    becomes part of the machine.
    Feelin' all the bumpers,
    always plays it clean.
    Plays by intuition,
    the digit counters fall.
    That deaf, dumb and blind kid..."

#21     Mar 23, 2009
  2. One thing is true about you Jack, you have no clue how to trade. But you do know how to use the keyboard to its max

#22     Mar 23, 2009
  3. Then tell us why Jack did -24% in a trading contest and has run away from challenges since... and why he failed to turn $10 thousand into $1million in 100 days like he promised his former IBD group he would? Or why he's never given a demo of his claim that he routinely makes 3X daily range?

#23     Mar 23, 2009
  4. Malstrom

Malstrom

Hi. For me, "feeling the market" is very important, I'm using my gut to make decision, but this feeling it comes after I do my 'homework' a.k.a. studying the real factors that I think that are "behind" the market. SO, yes, for me feeling the market is very important and I'm succesuful with this. And I don't believe in "mechanical systems", for ME they are useless and I think that because after many years in this business, I think that subconscious, experiencies, information,etc. CAN'T be quantified. I'm using a lot of my experience, information and I know how to give "weight" on every information that I read. Hope that help someone.

Jack H. "The markets I trade are certain."
    I read in your profile that you use TA since 1957 or smth like that... Its true? You are trading since 1957 and you make statement like "The markets I trade are certain."
    Sry, but for a professional trader/investor there is no such thing as "certain". But if its working for you then, congratulations.

#24     Mar 23, 2009
  5. *Sigh*

#25     Mar 23, 2009
  6. eagle

eagle

Of course, that it will open from 9:30am to 4:00pm on Monday to Friday. Closed on weekend and holidays.

Besides kidding, the truth is cryptically written on the tape. Seeing is not enough but feeling is a primary key to decrypt it.

#26     Mar 23, 2009
  7. Mr J

Mr J

In my opinion, "feeling" is a subconscious calculation by skill. I.e. instinct developed over time as someone skillful becomes more experienced.

#27     Mar 23, 2009
  8. Well, I am not sure I felt the market but I felt good today.

Only one bad trade, examined why it went bad, and was easy to see I should not have been in it.

So 4 out 5 trades were winners. Total day was profitable.

while some of you don't use indicators, I did add 1 that I like.

#28     Mar 23, 2009
  9. ... :D

#29     Mar 23, 2009
  10. jem

jem

The certainty of which jack speaks is that he knows after turning in all his units he will net 5 cents for each unit. That is his implicit contract with the markets.

He is one with the market and truly understands its internals. In fact after the market closes his clothes even seem to be one with the market.

The market returns those 5 cent deposits too him without question. Whether he takes a dive or sees a pile in the corner and sweeps them up.

Used correctly Jack's canned indicators can return a tidy consistent profit. The certainty of Jacks returns are almost guaranteed to be green.

#30     Mar 23, 2009