Feeling bullish today

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sandp500trader, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I have trouble accepting that the last two days on the ES were difficult. We are talking pretty much just up over the last 2 days.

#11     Aug 7, 2018
  2. Another up day today, I believe.

#12     Aug 8, 2018
  3. maxinger

maxinger

shake head ..... shake head ....

anyway all the best to u.

#13     Aug 8, 2018
  4. greg500

greg500

I do admire you enthusiasm... As of Wednesday 8/8/2018 at 12:30 est., the volume has dropped-off considerable... Tuesday had balanced rotations that were not wide enough for my type of entries.

Could be making a flag at the top.. Just seems like lack of interest, energy,etc.

The best thing to do when in these areas, is to be ready for the move out..

Best of Luck,

Greg

#14     Aug 8, 2018
  5. It's not enthusiasm, just trading the markets. Today is still kind of flat, but I think we'll end bullish. Tomorrow, I'll pick my direction again, could be down, sideways, or up, I have no enthusiasm one way or the other, I only care about which way the markets will spend the day.

#15     Aug 8, 2018
  6. qxr1011

qxr1011

what trader feels about the market is irrelevant, what relevant is what his method indicates

#16     Aug 8, 2018
    greg500 likes this.
  7. I have to disagree. What matters is whether or not the trader is able to accurately predict what the market will do.

#17     Aug 8, 2018
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

trader predicts nothing, his method does

#18     Aug 8, 2018
    greg500 likes this.
  9. qxr1011

qxr1011

to further clarify: The method reads the market, the trader reads the method.

#19     Aug 8, 2018
    _eug_ likes this.
  10. Well, sounds like semantics. I suppose you may not be the grand wizard of all knowledge, and you may just not be right? What would you call a trader, who accurately predicts the direction of the market 80 to 90 % of the time? Would you call him/ her a trader who accurately predicts the market, or a trader whose method accurately predicts the market? Or rather, did the trader create the method or the method create the trader? I believe the latter is true, which means that the trader predicts the market.

#20     Aug 8, 2018