Feeling abused if not s*domized by the hft onslaught? You're not alone

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Samsara

Samsara

It seems they're only quoting SMB, which has a certain style, although I agree with Bellafiore's opinion that certain patterns have been taken out of the market. I miss those ... round bottoms ... with tight handles. Mmm. Used to have fantastic risk reward.

All the patterns I trade now are based on correlated data, which has been a difficult new experience.

Eventually though those algorithms will bleed their intraday targets dry as well, leading to lower margins and another pattern hunting cycle. That is, unless those props going out to China are training their Chinese traders to continue funding their stateside algorithms by burning the same scalping style that stopped working 5 years ago.

2. yesterday chart was the ugliest chart i've ever seen for long time...it was very very ugly...i mean flatline for 4 hours intraday the daily charts look flatline too. so many dojis. opr like the market just halted in the middle of the day....and all these gaps in afterhours its evidence this market is light and illiquid and too much manipulated by some very HFT with lots of buying power. these guys can move markets by 2%. in afterhours.

there is more volatility in afterhours for ES index futres.

4 hours flatline is crazy...is the market dead or what...these HFT keep buying and selling to themselves...in milliseconds...so the market is LOCKED in thin market..it doesn't go down or up..in intraday!!! i know the deadzone but can't be that dead..even during regular hours...

3. Illum

Illum

There is a storm on the horizon. A time of hardship and pain. The war against the machines rages on. Skynet's global network remains strong. But we will not quit.. until all of it is destroyed. This is John Connor.

4. Transfer your account to my firm if you want to live. :)

5. "We are spending 99 percent of our time focusing on new patterns instead of spending 99 percent of our time complaining about the fact that we are not making as much money as we used to."

777 this is good advice, take it.

6. have you guys thought about trading baskets of stocks instead of singles? a basket that is generated from AI, fundamental and technical analysis....you should try it, returns are less than 10% a week but steady with limited risk

7. 10% per week!? What is this some kind of joke?