Feedback Requested

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BenChi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Camtasia Studio by techsmith.

Make sure your system is more powerful than their suggested system requirements.

Heck, that can also be said about the system requirements listed by any chart program provider...

Usually an underestimation considering traders are running much more than the charting program on their computers during a typical day of trading. :D

With that said, don't bother using it if you really aren't interested in having a video recording of your trading day as you interacted with the markets.

If your not trading, still useful in documenting all the price action of everything moving in realtime on your monitor (most traders have more than one chart open during trading sessions).

By the way, I sent you some additional info that's not listed in the system requirements involving hard drive speed which should be an issue for any serious trader even if not doing any video recordings.

Mark

#11     Nov 1, 2007
  2. Great videos. Thanks for posting them.

#12     Nov 1, 2007
  3. I understand what your trying to do but there are many cheap and expensive (professional) video recordings programs that does the same thing.

Many traders at ET already doing their own video recordings (use ET search menu to see prior discussions on this topic).

Turn your computer on, start the program and go to work, an appointment or away from the computer for whatever reasons.

Throw in a program scheduler and you can even tell your recorder when to start and when to stop (I do this when I'm on a vacation).

My point is that even at work or away from the computer...

A trader needs to record everything he/she normally uses when actually trading.

Looking at an end of the day intraday chart image or single chart recording is inadequate in comparison to what should/could have been done.

For example, when I trade, I have about 8 charts open, 4 times & sales windows and Index worksheet open.

That's only just the charting program itself.

Simply, if I am unable to trade a particular day for whatever reasons...

To only record my trading instrument (Russell 2000 Emini ER2) and not the other 7 charts of different key markets nor Times & Sales info et cetera all at the same time...

I'm missing an big opportunity to learn properly from what had occurred on my monitors while I was gone.

Throw in some realtime price alerts et cetera that I didn't record as the trading day progressed...

That one chart only recording isn't very useful for learning purposes.

All I'm saying is this, you asked for feedback about the usefulness and I'm saying its not useful for learning purpose involved with actual trading.

Yet, I'm also saying it may be useful for other things...what those other things are I'm not sure.

Entertainment. :confused:

Mark

#13     Nov 1, 2007