Feedback on Optionshouse

Discussion in 'Options' started by One, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Be careful Mister, youre toeing the line of spamming here. I won't sound the alarm just yet, 190 posts is pretty low. It would help if you raised your post total by opining on everything, and also posting useless nonsense as much as possible. Once you get the total over 500 posts it's easier to peddle your wares here on ET.

Rennick:D

#11     Jul 15, 2007
  2. SPAM ALERT....now comes his 1 post alias saying amen to that brother!!!LOL

#12     Jul 15, 2007
  3. One

One

What on earth are you talking about? Which part of my post even remotely sounded like a recommendation for a service of any kind?

If anything my post suggests a reason that the service I asked about may not be useful for my trading.

#13     Jul 16, 2007
  4. That's the oldest spam trick in the book mister. Be self doubtful to build credibility, now why the hell didnt I ever think of that? Your good,,, man are you good.

Magna Rennick out:cool:

ps.I'm keeping a close eye on you buster.

#14     Jul 16, 2007
  5. i looked into optionshouse, i like what i heard, its worth considering for any active option trader. just my 2 cents..

#15     Jul 16, 2007
  6. bump

#16     Jul 21, 2007
  7. does anyone else use or have any opinion about options house.

#17     Jan 9, 2008
  8. Ditto... anyone?

#18     Jun 4, 2008
  9. I've used OptionsHouse for 4 months and here are my comments.

1. Their tools are practically useless, but what do you expect for rock bottom commisions.

2. Streaming chain refreshes about every 5-10 seconds and it has inaccurate quotes on occassion (ex. 1.80/1.75 when it is 1.75/1.80).

3. OH does not have OTA, OCA, GTC type orders.

4. No problems with execution, usually get decent fills

5. Interface has occasional "server connection time-outs," but has about > 98% uptime. As a side note, there was an issue a couple months ago when their system was down for more than half the day. I've experienced this with TDAmeritrade about 2x a year.

6. "Daily change" calculation is flawed. If you close a position for a credit, it shows your "daily change" has increased by that amount, which is not true because your account value did not change (you just closed the position for cash). Too bad the "Account change" is not flawed that way.

7. Portfolio Margining is available only for accounts > $250k. TOS makes it available for $100k.

8. For me, their $9.99 commisions outweigh all the downsides of the platform because I use TDAmeritrade for their research, streamer, and real-time charts. I also have TOS for their WBT platform. My average trade is 50 contracts one way, so OH saves me huge when it's all added up.

9. Overall, I recommend them if your average trade is > 10 contracts and have another broker for research, analytics, charting, etc.

#19     Jun 4, 2008
  10. Is this per leg rate?
    Ben

#20     Jun 4, 2008