Feedback on Multicharts and/or DecisionBar???

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by BrooksRimes, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

If you are looking for something compatible with TradeStation Easy Language you should look at TradersStudio and it migration tool. We do not translate indicators currently, but we do translate systems.
    Even though we do not translate TradeStation indicators we do offer all of the functionality you would expect. We have up to 99 plots, trend lines,text on charts,expert advisors which are like expert commentary, Color bars and mark bars. You can write custom indicators using all of these features. In addition you can write your own systems or migrate your existing systems from TradeStation, 95% of the time they are ready to run with a few mouse clicks.

TradersStudio is only $499.00 and supports Systems, portfolio analysis and optimization as well as money management.

Migration tool link
    http://tradersstudio.com/Contacts/Developers/tabid/29/Default.aspx

#11     May 15, 2006
  2. Agyar

Agyar

I use IQFeed for data. IB is my broker, but I have not tried to hook it up to IB. One of my strategies is very dependent on calculations based on whether trades fire at bid or ask, and my understanding was that by using IB you have to make an educated guess at this sometimes. I just never bothered trying it to confirm. I have also tried ESignal, but during very fast markets ESignal seemed to drop 5-10% of the data. Never really dug in any deeper since I like IQFeed alot and I pay less with it than I did with ESignal.

I am a bit of a newb with Tradestation type systems, but if I understand what you mean by strategies, then yes you can do them. You can have a strategy "go short" and draw an arrow or whatever on the screen, then have it continue running and mark another arrow when you exit at your profit or stop.

#12     May 15, 2006
  3. Thanks for your reply.

OK, I guess the strategies could be implemented then.

One more question if you don't mind: how much is the RT data from IQFeed for eminis? Do they also offer historical data for eminis? I gather that you trade eminis....

Thanks again.

#13     May 16, 2006
  4. Agyar

Agyar

I think I pay a bit less than 100 a month with all the exchange fees. You can get that down to 70/month if you sign up for a year. I'd recommend trying it for a month or two first to make sure it is what you want, of course. I will be signing up for a year soon as long as they implement a feature they have been promising me. There is currently no second data on the tick timestamp so I have to keep MC running all the time because backfill doesn't have second data which messes up my bid/ask indicator. The latest update to the client software supports this, but the server part of that change hasn't quite gone live yet. It should be Any Time Now.

Yes I am only actively trading e-minis currently. For history you can pull up 8 days of tick data and 4 months of 1 minute or greater data.

#14     May 16, 2006
  5. OK, thanks again.

#15     May 16, 2006
  6. Don't worry Craig,

It's great for losers. (We need lots of those)

#16     May 16, 2006
  7. I admit I am difficult to understand.

Lets say they federal express to me their set up and the TM's and all of the tech support phone #'s etc.

I will be obliged to take their specified hours of of training in sets of x hours each and complete a mail in of the training results from a specified data set I give them that shows I learned and have specific reasons for why I feel unsuited for using their stuff as packaged ,delivered and my personal training.

I feel that a free 30 day trial as explained is an attempt on their part to have me follow a path of least whatever to get to check writing time without a package and the associated training to use the package.

You will convey to me that the package is there and anyone can look at everything and use it to their hearts content for 30 days. I feel that it is difficult to "see" what they are offering and to then make use of the package.

I go to a lot of sites to look at stuff. Often I can grasp what is being offered. I tried following some paths to see what is there as a tool at the end of a given path and then to compare it with what is elswhere and available. I struck out in my personal effort for various reasons.

I felt that I was unable to see the worthiness of the package components and I could not determine the scope of the offering as a package for making money.

I hope everyone finds it very useful and accomodating and very worth the expenditures for its use. I didn't.

Since I made the effort that I did I commented.

#17     May 16, 2006
  8. One new feature that we were really impressed with is the Data Playback Option offered by MultiCharts in their 6.0 Beta version.

We have been looking for a tool that helps us review our trades and this was a great surprise to find out that MultiCharts added this new feature to their 6.0 beta release. It gives you the ability to replay and set markers where you would've traded. You can select the date you would like to start your playback along with Min by Min or Day by Day Charts (see attached picture below).

If you don't currently have MultiCharts, they offer a 30 day free trial. Definitely check it out if you are interested in reviewing some of your trades. Very helpful!

#18     Apr 21, 2010