Fee with IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by sungtaeyoo, Oct 28, 2010.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

I'm going to respond to this in your other thread because this is off topic.

#21     Nov 16, 2010
  2. tennisman

tennisman

I am considering switching to IB because their commissions and margin rates are lower than my current broker. I see on the IB web site there is a minimum $10 / month activity fee per account, which I would exceed, but I am not clear about other fees such as market data feeds; the site mentions a non-professional bundle of $10 which is waived if $30 / month in commissions are generated (I'm not sure if this bundle includes all the data I would need as an active trader, and if it is per account or per customer if you have taxable and IRA accounts). There is a lengthy chart about options charges and rebates which is difficult to assess, and mention of order cancellation fees for options.

I see that a lot of folks use IB -- could someone advise what other fees you end up paying for trading stocks and options? My current broker's commissions are higher, but I don't pay anything else so want to compare apples to apples.

#22     Dec 4, 2010